Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Afternoon Cravings and more

Anyone else have the 3:00 p.m. donut/sugar craving going on? I am just going nuts. I don't know why at this time of the day I go into hunger overdrive. I mean seriously, all I've done today is sit at an office desk and work. I'm not a ditch digger, concrete pourer or moving man. So what is up with this hunger thingy?
I know it's definitely getting to be time for a cup o' tea. I checked in the staff room nothing there to eat. I found an old granola bar in my desk that I have no desire to eat. Of course did I stop there oh no! I have an emergency stash of chocolate. Oh ladies, you know exactly why I have that. Well shocker of all shockers....I don't feel like chocolate! What the *&* is going on? Don't you just hate when you get those super specific cravings or worse a very evasive type of craving. You know the kind. It's 11:30 on a Sunday night and you just have to have something but you don't know what. Off you go(bundled up in a parka and boots) for a 5 min drive to the local convenience store. The clerk looks at you like you're a potential shoplifter as you peruse aisle after aisle...now remember I did say convenience store. ...looking for that one thing you just have to have. Finally after feeling a little embarassed by standing by the chooolate bars for 10 minutes you just grab something...anything, does it really matter...YES! It is another failed craving attempt...*sigh*! Maybe next time you'll know what you want before you head off to the store like a crazy woman.
Speaking of food, I just found a great recipe for a low fat dessert on the box of HoneyMaid graham crackers. I'll make a point to put it in my net post. I'm always on the look out for something low fat, low cal that is delicious. I mean hey, I don't want to spend all my time running on the elliptical.
Well I'm signing off for now, this whole blog thing is so completely new to me. I'll try to get back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the graham crackers! Try the cinnamon ones...to die for.

    I popped over to see you from This Eclectic Life, too!

    Thanks for making me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand those cravings. Every woman does! They never happen at convenient times, do they?

    ReplyDelete