Thursday, February 23, 2006

Frustration and Humor

Well here it is Thursday afternoon and I have had no email all day! Isn't it amazing how you can come to rely so much on internet and email. I feel completely out of touch. Thankfully I still have my internet connection, what would I do w/o that....omy! I guess I'll try to fill the missing space with a bit o' blogging!

Don't you just love some of the jokes that make you lol sitting at work. I got one sent to me the other day entitled 'The Last Blonde Joke You'll Ever Need'. A man was at work one day and he got a panicked call from his fiance. She was so upset that he could hardly make out what the problem was. As soon as his lunch break came he quickly sped over to her to see if she was ok. She answered the door with tears just pouring down her face. Something was really wrong. Concerned that he get to the bottom of it right away he asked her about it. He finally calmed her down enough that she was able to explain how she had been trying to assemble this 1000 piecc puzzle since late the night before and she had yet to find one piece that fit together. She was feeling quite dumb and so embarassed. She wanted him to help her with the puzzle. He asked her to see the puzzle box and she told him it's right in front of you on the table. After he had a good look at the box he got up and made them each a nice cup of tea and then he explained to her that........are you ready for this......it was the Frosted Flakes cereal box and now he'd help her get the cereal back in the box.

I get so many of these types of emails as well as some that are just plain stupid. I recently got an email that was about a supposed missing child. The basis of this email is that the more people see this picture the more likely it is that the child will be found and be brought back home. I mean honestly if you're child is missing is this all you can think to do? That's where I really like going to one of my favourit websites , www.snopes.com it's a great place to find out what is true and what isn't. The next time you get an email and you think something just isn't right go to snopes and do a search. There are so many, many hoaxes out there. Also, sometimes it's also just as amazing at what is real. How many received the pictures of the indoor skiing in Dubai? That was something to see alright. I can just see those guys all hot in the sun one minute and bundling up to go skiing the next.

Some more humor for you...A husband and wife were going to go on a holiday to the Holy Land. His mother-in-law insisited on going with as she wanted the opportunity and she had no one else to travel with. Begrudgingly the husband agreed to let her tag alone. Well wouldn't you know it the mother-in-law had a heart attack and died on their trip. After meeting with the funeral director to discuss the costs(the wife was too shook up to deal with it). He was aware that to have a nice funeral there would cost him $750(way cheaper than back home), or to have the body sent home would be somewhere to the tune of $10,000.00. The man only took a couple of seconds befoe he told the funeral director that he would indeed go with the second option. The funeral director was simply astounded at this decision and he couldn't help but to ask why he dediced to go that route. The man was quick to respond. "Because 2000 years ago you buied a man down here and three days later he rose again, I can't take that chance."

I have heard that joke many times and every time I hear it I have a little giggle. All of us who are married have at one time or another had bad experiences with our in-laws. I have to say I'm pretty lucky. I get along fairly well with my mother-in-law. My only sore spot is that she doesn't spend near enough time with my kids than the other grand kids. But she does mean well and deep down I know she loves them all equally. I'm sure one day when I am a mother-in-law I will feel a little differently about these kinds of jokes/but hopefully I still have my sense of humor. I think I will need it in order to not become one of 'those mother-in-laws'.

What can I say I've had a few jokes told to me today...I'll go with one more. This one is a hoot. A man died and as they were carrying his casket out of the church the pall bearers slipped a little bit and the casket hit the corner of the railing. Wouldn't you know it all of a sudden their was a knock from insidet he casket. The man was still ALIVE! Well some years later the man did indeed die again. As they were carrying him out of the church the wife whispered to the sturdiest pall bearer. "Now don't you hit the railing on your way out!" Hehehehehehehehe

There's a little light humour for your afternoon tea. Sometimes it's good just to sit back and enjoy life. It's a cold day here but the sun is shining brightly and spring is indeed just a hearbeat away. Soon the tulips will be poking their heads up out of the wet soil and the birds will be chirping their lovely melodies. Take light in the fact that winter is almost over and we have another spring ahead which will be full of new and different experiences.

Peace and God Bless,
TeaMouse

No comments:

Post a Comment