Sunday, February 26, 2006

Knitting Thoughts

It has come to mind lately that I haven't done as much knitting as I used to do. In my previous blog I have explained the no computer game playing for Lent. I'm hoping now that I can use that time to be more creative.

I have done some nice knitting projects but I'm very afraid to make the jump and try to do a sweater or something that takes assembly as well as picking up of stitches. I did make my daughter and I each a dickie this winter. I was amazed that I was able to figure out how to pick up stitches. I have a great book called 'The Knit Stitch, by Sally Melville'. It's quite good with many pictures to show each step.

Why can't I just take the next step and attempt a sweater? I think that is why I've been a bit off of my knitting lately. I am tired of making scarves and dishcloths!!!! For Christmas this year I made our family members each a 1/2 dozen dish cloths and now my Grandma also wants some but she wants a dozen....all in white!!!! Bore city! Obviously you can see why I am losing interest in my knitting. There is only so many dish cloths you can make before you go nutz!

The Projects:
I've currently got the dish cloth order on task, I'm making a scarf for my husband and I'm crocheting a throw for the living room. Of these the main importance is the scarf...if I don't finish it soon he won't even use it until next year...wait...STOP! Even if I finish it this month he won't use it until next year. Maybe I can put this one on hold and just work on the dish cloth order for my off project.

Now, what to make. I'm so eager to try a sweater it's not even funny! I just hope I don't go and buy a bunch of wool and then it turns out that I'm a flop at it. Does anyone out there have any experience on how hard it is to make a sweater? My sis is an avid knitter and she assures me that if she can do it so can I. She said that the hardest part is the assembly. I'm a fairly confident knitter. I can read patterns, do a basic cable etc. The pattern difficulty I stick to is usually up to ntermediate depending on the pattern. I can do very advanced stuff in dish cloths. I'm looking for a easy sweater pattern, preferably in a teenage girl size so that I can practice on a smaller project.

Things I want to accomplish in my LifeTime:

1. How to knit sweaters.
2. Become a great photographer
3. Take a trip with hubby to either somewhere tropical or Europe.
4. Attain goal weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I'm sure there will be more, these are just the ones on my mind at the moment.

Well we'll see how my knitting goes this Lent. Hopefully I will have some pics that I can share of my progress and *crossing fingers* completed project. I will post a picture later of the dickie I made myself...it's currently in the wash.

Off to find a pattern, hopefully and let the creative juices flow.

Peace and God Bless,
TMouse

No comments:

Post a Comment