Friday, March 03, 2006

Black Bottom Cupcakes and Movies

That's right Friday is here, let's kick up our heels and dance! It feels like Friday came awfully fast but I'll take it yesiree Bob!

Last weekend we were quite busy so you don't really get that rested feeling to begin the new week and needless to say you begin to drag your behind a bit. This weekend should be a bit better. Hubby has to go to work a bit but the rest of us have nothing on.

I had a nice night last night too. My daughter and I did watch a movie and I made some BlackBottom cupcakes(recipe at the end of the blog). We watched Elizabethtown.....YUCK! It was absolutely horrible. How on earth could they have given that two thumbs up. Thankfully my daughter was just loving the experience and didn't seem to mind too much that the movie was horrible! I should have just gpme with Pride and Prejudice but she had already seen that at the theatre with a friend and I thought she'd like something new. I also was unprepared for the part in the movie where the widow goes into a diatribe about her neighbour and his 'boner'.

That's one thing that really picks at me, why do movies throw in one stupid scene that makes it un-viewable by pre-teens. Do we really need some of that language or a boob shot to enjoy a show.....I'd like to think not. Foul language in some movies is part of the movie just as it was in the movie 'Crash'. It's a very dark movie that makes you cringe in parts but it has such a strong message and the language wasn't gratuitous. I generally go to familymediaguide.com for great parental guides. This site has very detailed profanity, sex, violence and it gives examples of how they are portrayed in the film with a colour coded system...green for suggestive, yellow for explicit...etc. Unfortunatly I forgot to read the whole page about this movie.

Tonight we have some of our t.v. shows taped to watch and the movie Flight Plan to see. We generally tape the shows through the week so that we have something to watch when we exercise. Last night we had a 'Survivor' fiasco....yep....it didn't get taped!!! AHHHHHH! I still have to go to CBS and see who got voted off. We didn't however miss American Idol. Boy it was sure fun to see thatBrenna get voted off. She was something else for sure. There is confidence and then their is just conceit!!! She got put in her place and I doubt Mr. Clive Davis will be ringing her phone. Can you imagine what a nightmare she'd be to work with!!!...can you say D I V A? All in all, I think America did a good choice with their votes last night. I think it will be really interesting to see how the Top 12 goes. I predict Kannik and Ayla will be voted off next week for the girls and for they guys.....that is tougher. I really like Kevin, I think he's a great kid who can really sing but I'm not sure if he can make the next round. My precictions for eliminations for the guys are: Kevin and Gideon.....I don't feel at all confident in my male predictions but it's the best I can guess. I do think that Chris will give them all a run for their money and Mandisa too!

As promised:
Black Bottom Cupcakes:
1 8oz. pkg. Cream cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 c. sugar
pinch salt
Combine all together and add 1 6 oz. pkg. chcolate chips...mix and set aside.

Mix:
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. water
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
Fill muffin cups to 1/3 to 1/2. Drop spoonful of cream cheese mixture on top. Bake at 350F for 20 - 25 minutes. Yield: 18 cupcakes.

These are easy to do and very delicious, they can be frozen and used later. ....but I'm sure they won't last that long.

Peace and God Bless,
TMouse

No comments:

Post a Comment