Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hippety Hop Hop


I had a little visitor today at work. When I see animals it always brightens my day. Here is a picture of the cute little bunny. It made me realize that it's been some time since I've blogged. When I got here and I saw that I hadn't blogged since We Got the House...I knew it had been ages. Time to get back into the swing of things.

A lot has been going on since then. We have moved into the house and painted our son's room red. (Don't even get me going on that...could be 5 pages on the why not to paint with red paint diatribe). Thankfully it's done now and he is thrilled with it.

The summer has seemed to go by so quickly, it's actually a little sad. I'd love to boycott September if I could but all the signs around me won't let me. You can't shop at a store without being bamboozled with Back to School signs. I did manage to get my kids school supply shopping done. I would have been a basket case if I didn't get it all bought and tucked away at least a week before school starts. Is it me or are those lists just getting crazy. I half expect to see a list one day with things like, teacher's agenda, office steno chair, chalk and whiteboard markers. I mean really, how did our ancestors ever learn a thing without 36 colours of crayons and markers.

We did manage to get a bit of R n' R this summer. When the lazy dog days of summer come upon us all the weekday evening meetings cease so there is a lot of extra time for us as a family that we long for all year long. Not being able to go on a holiday was something we realized would happen when we bought the house but knowing it and living it are two different things. It just seems like we've had almost a non-summer. We did manage a small camping trip, which did nothing but make me realize why I dislike camping so much. I kept thinking I have a nice house a cozy bed and all the creature comforts I can afford...what on earth am I doing out here washing dishes in a bucket and sleeping on an air mattress...lol! The kids loved it though, so that was worth it to me.

We didn't manage to get too caught up on sleep as we have a new addition to our family. Yep, we got a new puppy. Now I have never had a dog before, let alone a puppy. They sure tap out your resources, but they are adorable. He had his shots on Tuesday and on Wedensday he had a lot of tummy distress and he was very lethargic. I have to say it was hard to see such an active pup act like that. Thankfully that all seemed to pass and he appears to be his normal self full of P & V!! Isn't he adorable? He is already spoiled rotten. I can't seem to pass a pet store without buying him a new toy.

Well we are having a rainy day here, it's nice change from the hot dry weather we've had almost all summer. I have a book on hold from the library to pick up - Susanna's Garden by Debbie Macomber. I think it will be the perfect night to read. I'll brew up a nice cup of hot tea put on my cozy jammies and curl up with the book. It should be a perfect evening.

I did manage to get some knitting done over the summer. I am making my nieces all a poncho for Christmas using the Bernat Boucle. They are adorable. I'll post pics of them at a later date. Surprisingly they knit up very fast and they are so cute and snuggly. I now want to find a nice pattern to make my nephews a scarf and hat set. I am really big on homemade Christmas gifts so I have to get quite a headstart on them. I have been thinking for the brothers/sisters and parents that I would like to do some of those 'Gifts in a Jar' they seem to be very cute and you can do so many kinds.

Well I guess I do have to get to work here and pretend to be accomplishing something here today. Work is still slow but I have to be here.....lol.

Peace & God Bless

Tmouse

No comments:

Post a Comment