Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Stretching


While I've convinced myself with the help of hubby and some wise older ladies to do some stretching in my knitting. I'm always saying I can't do this or I'll wait until I retire to do that. I've decided to take a leap and make a sweater. Now, it seems like a fairly easy one - not much assembly but for me it's a definite change. I got the Sally Melville - Book 1: The Knit Stitch for Valentine's Day a few years ago. My knister(my sis) put me on to it. It's a great book, with many great patterns with very good instructions and how to's. The best part....all K...no purl!!! I don't mind purling once in awhile but I prefer just the straight K stitch. Considering there is no purl there are some amazing patterns in the book. Some that will take me years to consider trying. Isn't that a beautiful sweater. I've already got hubby wanting the man version(of course he says, after you make yourself one). Silly hubby knows I never get around to knitting anything for myself...he's such a gem!!!! I'll have to tell him how sweet he is later...:)

For now I've decided to start with the Einstein Coat. I'm going to make it for my 2 year old nephew in Bernat Softee Chunky in the colour (Denim Ragg). I thought it was a great way to get my feet wet, so to speak. So now I've got another project on the go. This will be great for when I get tired of the endless pink poncho's I am making.

So I'll keep you posted to my trials and tribulations as I stretch myself as a knitter.

On the Needles ~ Sarah's Poncho, Hubby's scarf and now nephews sweater!

Peace and God Bless,

TMouse

No comments:

Post a Comment