Friday, November 24, 2006

Dot On


Last night I gave a talk at our RCIA group on the Liturgical Year. I always am amazed at how many new things you learn as you prepare for a talk like this. I had been in a discussion via email with one of the other leaders on what was included in the Triduum. From everything I had read incluced Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Vigil - but apparently it goes right to Easter Sunday night and ends with vespers....who says you can't teach and ol' dog new tricks?...:)

I had the group do a multiple choice quiz prior to leading the discussion. It was really surprising to some of them when they heard the correct answers. I don't think anyone realized that lent ended on Holy Thursday for e.g.

We had a great discussion with a lot of good questions and sharing. All in all a big success. I'm very grateful for that. I don't do these things easily so when I get an evening where I feel it 'worked' I am just tickled with myself...lol! Thanks be to God! My prayers as we drove one kid here and one kid there on the way to the meeting were definitely answered.

I think due to the fact that we are in our last week of Ordinary Time and moving into Advent that we all kind of really got into the Advent part of the discussion. Even when I was preparing it, I spent a lot of time thinking about what Advent means so I thought I'd do a bit of blogging about this special time a bit more on the weekend.

I'm trying to blog at work, but it's just one of those crazy Fridays!!! TGIF!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. 'Dot on' really says it...you were on FIRE! and I'm not just saying that because I'm your husband. It was really a good night all around and I'm so proud of you. I know how hard it is for you to speak to groups and you did it so well.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your support. I know you wouldn't be raving unless I did indeed do well. I knew I had a great night and it felt so amazing!!!! I hope I can have more of those in the future.
    You know the hardest part for me is to break into spontaneous conversation and when I was able to do that I amazed myself.
    I guess God really does hear and respond even to my lowly prayers.
    Love You too!

    ReplyDelete