Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #30 ~ Knitting in bed and more signs you know you're addicted


Thirteen Signs that you know you are addicted to knitting(I posted this last December, but I am once again addicted to knitting so I thought it would be a good post to resurrect)!

1. You wake up in the morning, and before you have tea or coffee...you are knitting!

2.You go near the yarn aisle and Hubby starts to twitch....I swear its happened!

3. You consider buying a new house - as your's doesn't have the space needed to store your treasured yarn and accessories. Every closet and drawer you open up has yarn spilling out of it.

4. You ask for yarn and knitting books for Christmas - omitting diamonds and perfume.

5. Pass on the chips and dip - I gotta knit! No time for snacking with my sticks a flying.

8. You always have more than one project on the go, and generally three or more.

9. You take your knitting everywhere, city bus, PTA meeting and the staff Christmas party, and you've been banned from the movie theatre after that last incident*blush*.

10. You buy a King Size bed just for the elbow room, poor hubby and all those needle size bruises.

11. Summer vacations are planned around your ability to be able to knit - no white water rafting for this knitter - give me a cabin in the woods with a nice rocker any day!

12. The owner of your local yarn shoppe gives you a personal phone call when the newest yarns arrive.

13. You're on a first name basis with the FedEx man, who brings you your weekly yarn purchases that you made online.

If you've admited to even three of these, you are probably like me, a confirmed Knit-A-Holic! I knit pretty much every opportunity I get. I generally knit in the car on the way to work -
It's ok hubby is doing the driving, you didn't actually think I knit and drove at the same time did you?......Hmmmmmmm that would indeed be a talent that I coud get used to. I think I listen to rather than watch most TV shows. For me knitting is the perfect past time. I can do it pretty much anywhere and at the end I have something to show for it.


I'm very happy to say that I finished my MIL's shawl lasat night. I'm now working on my Mom's scarf and dishcloths that are being given as Christmas gifts!

Happy Knitting!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

11 comments:

  1. It's true - I have to knit first thing. If I don't get it in I'm grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..passing on chips and dip??

    well then.

    I'll start lessons tomorrow, thank you very much.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny - yeah it's hard to eat and knit - but I'm no skinny minny so I must manage somehow....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I haven't knitted since I was seven. But I love the Idea of Driving/Knitting. Could call it Extreme Knitting. Go Grannies Go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that sounds like an addiction, lol. I want to know about the last incident at the movie theatre!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that Exteme Knitting....lol!

    Most of the post is true, but I had a little creative liberty in my writing to make it a bit funnier.

    I've never actually been banned from a movie theatre but I try to knit at the most inappropriate times - usually I give my head a shake and realize that I can't knit but sometimes I do and I get odd looks.

    Do you know that people will give you odd looks if you knit in the doctors office? They do!

    I've knitted outside before and then had to pull leaves out of my project beause the yarn rolled out of the basket.

    I am one addicted knitter - but there are worse things I could be addicted to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to take up knitting. I have the desire to be crafty, but I'm not sure if I have the drive.
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how to knit....but I am a confirmed quiltingaholic and crochetaholic...I need a support group.
    Great T13

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should get addicted to clean up all the bags around the family room. BTW around town meeting time, there is the obligatory photo of someone knitting during the meeting which came to mind from your blog.

    I couldn't write about this at my blog due to the big eyes, but I am crocheting scarves for the girlfriends, wicked fast and easy from http://crochetme.com/shelly

    It's a shell pattern that works up fast. I made the mistake of going into our high end yard shop here in town and walked out with a cool hat pattern for my son....It would have been cheaper to stay home and blog! There is something so seductive about yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. number 5 is ermmmm making me think about learning to knit.
    Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
    My TT is posted.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Happy TT'ing!
    *^_^
    (=':'=)
    (")_ (")Š
    Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great TT. I must say, I have gone through some of that with cross stitch and tole painting (although I couldn't do that just anywhere). With knitting so much, no wonder you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete