Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

I first want to say how lucky I am to be where I am at today. I have a wonderful husband who is my best-friend and we share everything together, without him I don't know where I'd be today. His support and belief in me is unwaivering. He is constantly reminding me that I can do anything....to you I say thank you and I wish for us another amazing year filled with God's Blessings.

Next, my kids....I know I give them grief and do a lot of nagging but I am so lucky to have you both. You both are really great kids!!! I don't know if I tell my kids that enough. It's difficult when I am after them for dropping things here and there and for having rooms that I literally want to condemn.....but aside from the typical 'messy kid' syndrom they are great kids. This New Year's Eve, hubby and I had thought for a change we'd go out. Our kids are now 13 and 17 and we were sure they'd had enough of our annual family game night tradition - but nope, they were adamant that we have our game night. How many parents today can say that their 17 year old would rather be with them on New Year's Eve? For all the goodness you bring into our lives, the music and the smiles....thank you! You are both so special, don't ever forget it and Dad and I are so proud of each of you. I wish you both a year filled with joy, peace and love.

Wow, 2007!!! I know a lot of people are making their 'annual resolutions' and that's ok. I suppose in some manner I am as well. I look at the New Year as an opportunity to reflect on what is really important in my life. I want to really try to focus this year on how good life really is. My biggest problem is always seeing the grass greener on the other side. I want to really become happy with what I have. A perfect example of this came to me the other day. When we moved into our home I bought brand new dishes and I absolutely loved them. It's been about 6 months and already I am eyeing up new dishes. Why? Well the new dishes are nice, but the dinner plates are large and they don't fit into our dishwasher. I was mentioning this to DH and he reminded me to be careful that I was going to fall into the 'happiness trap'. I realized then, that unless I became happy with what I have now - I will always be striving to 'be happy'. So that is my goal for the year, I don't expect tha it will be easy, but I am going to try very hard to work on this.

Blessings of 2006
1. DH - He means the world to me.
2.
My kids
3. Family
4. Our Home - the sheer joy of this I hope to never forget.
5. Oliver our cute beagle boy
6. Health
7. No weight gain through Christmas - Yay!
8. Our DVR
9. My new Mp3, player and all the 80's music that DH downloaded.
10. Blogging - I never thought I'd be a blogger but I am really enjoying this journaling of my life.

I wish you all a Happy New Year filled with God's most abundant blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment