Friday, September 14, 2007

Irish Hiking Scarf

Well I think it' s time to make another Irish Hiking Scarf - I made mine in ivory to go with my chocolate brown coat, but I'm so excited to do another one in a bright colour, probably for my DD. I've been visiting the members of the Fall into Autumn Dishcloth Swap and some of them are doing the IHS and the pictures have me excited to do it again. I love this pattern and working the cables - it seems to knit up in no time, it's really relaxing to do.

Seeing as DH is away and on a 'silent retreat' shhhhhhhhh, I guess he can't say don't buy more yarn right?

I am so jealous of all the great yarn I see people on the swap using - I only have one LYS shop here and Michael's or Wal-Mart so the choices are slim and the hours for the LYS are such that it's hard to get there. I'm going to pop in tomorrow since they finally have Saturday hours. My swap pal likes a yarn that I haven't been able to find so far - wish me good luck.

Anyone have a preference to Peaches and Cream rather than Sugar and Cream? I am not sure if I can get Peaches and Cream here yet or not, but someone recommended it and I just saw the shipping and went YOINKS!


Well I finally finished my scarf - it was a lot of fun to work on and I think I'll be making some as gifts next year. I love working on a patterned scarf like that as it seems to go by fast when you are counting rows etc.

I would definitely recommend this KAL to anyone who loves to do cables or for anyone who wants to learn them for the first time.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a great scarf. I don't knit. I have half a dishcloth done from a project in ladies morning out from about 5 years ago. I didn't finish in class, and couldn't figure out how to drop the stitches. I know, I know, you are probably breaking out in a cold sweat at that one. My apologies. I may get to it eventually; I know if I sat down long enough to work on it, I would figure it out. Now hmmm...yep, I am pretty sure I know where it is. Maybe after the snow flies; wait, I will be blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous. What a talent you have!! I was out for the day with my oldest daughter and she mentioned she should take up knitting to pass the nights sometimes when she's at her apartment alone. I told her I thought that was a great idea. Secretly I was squealing with delight that someone in the family might start making scarves and sweaters LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu always share the coolest things

    ReplyDelete