Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Feast One Hundred & Thirty Seven

Appetizer
What are you proud of?
I would have to say raising my family. We were married young and most people didn't expect us to make it. We did more than make it, we've been blessed with great children and a great family and this May we'll have been married 18 years. We raised great kids and I am so proud of that!!

Soup
What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?
My husband! Yes really! I won some tickets from our local radio station to attend a dinner at a local restaurant. My friend and I were trying to decide if we should go or not and then we thought well we'll probably get a nice steak dinner for free so we went. We were being harassed by a slimy station manager when my husband to be and another D.J. decided we needed rescuing from Mr. Slime. Apparently the station manager was known for his escapades with young girls and everyone around the station was disgusted by his behavior. They needn't have worried I wasn't about to fall for Mr. Ed's moves....lol! That night when I got home he called me from the station and we stayed up all night with DH playing the longest songs so we could chat longer on the phone. From then on we were inseparable...so the ongoing joke is that I won him on the radio.

Salad
Name something you do that is a waste of time.
Browsing online for things I wished I could buy. I can spend hours doing this and I never end up buying anything. I may even get to the point of putting stuff in a cart and then when I get to the check out and see the shipping charges I gasp and move on to something else. I think shipping charges are so inflated!

Main Course
In what year of your life did you change the most?
I'm going to have to go with 1996. We had our daughter baptized that year and from then on our life has never been the same. DH went to school to get his Bachelor's in Theology and now we both work at church and our faith life has been completely changed. I never expected our life to change so much from one event, but God works in mysterious ways!

Dessert
Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?
Our parish library, it's always quiet and no one ever goes there. Surrounded by all the books and the peace and quiet - I'm always relaxed when I'm there. When our son moves out in a few years time - I plan on converting his room to a library/prayer room. I've always wanted a room that would be a place where you could go to just be alone, pray and yes even read.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, you're salad is so me! I do that all the time! Great feast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feast....loved your answers, mine are similiar. My backyard is usually my "prayer room in the spring and summer!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The backyard is a great prayer room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your soup! Thanks for sharing that.

    Rob of UnSpace

    ReplyDelete