Saturday, March 17, 2007

Handknit Kitchen Towel - Contest?

As promised in my previous post here is a pic of the hanging kitchen towel that I made. It is done in a simple diamond stitch and it knit up quite nicely. Since then I have made another one from Dishcloth Boutique and I'm working on a second one. These I have been knitting up in some pretty bright colours, Peacock blue and bright pink. I wanted something really bold for my bright buttons that I found at Michael's. The yellow one I made myself turned out great with the little pink flower button. Guess who is painting her kitchen this spring, yes it will be yellow and very similar to that color of yarn. I think I will go with a pale yellow. I'm very excited about that.

Let me know what you think of the towel. I'm thinking of doing my own contest soon. The winner I'm guessing would receive a hanging towel and 3 dishcloths in the same colour scheme, and you'll even be able to choose the colour that is right for your kitchen! I'll post on that all later, but first I want the input from you the reader if you think it's a good idea. Leave me a comment with your input. If there is enough interest I'll proceed with this sometime in April.

2 comments:

  1. The towel is soooo pretty, I wish I could knit. Or crochet. Or do anything with wool.

    I love the contest idea...i'd enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job and I also think you post great answers to my questions on my blog

    ReplyDelete