Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Rainy Day and Tendonitis *sigh*

Gosh today is off to a bad start. We're having a rainy day, but that's not the worst part. Normally I love a good rainy day - it is a perfect day for curling up with tea and knitting or crocheting. Alas, as I type this I am in terrible pain, my tendonitis is acting up and the simplest things from blogging and knitting to doing my actual secretary work is very painful!

I got out my handy dandy brace and it's on - so far it hasn't eased the pain and it's quite bulky and gets in the way of typing and such. I refuse to take the anti-inflammatory drugs that are prescribed for my condition as they do terrible things to my stomach and it's not fun. So I guess I'll have to wear this horrible contraption, take my ibuprofen regulary and see what happens. When I was diagnosed with this a couple of years back the initial treatment was for anti-inflammatory drugs and 6 weeks of a wrist brace. It never really did go away completely but it goes through stages where it hurts more and then less again, depending on how I am using it.

Oh, don't worry - I am not about to stop knitting. I just can't give that up. I may have to slow it down a bit though. The funny thing is the thing that hurts me the most is using the mouse, and I even have one of those gel-pad mouse pads.....hmmmmmmmm! Maybe I need some time away from work.....lol! I don't think that will happen anytime soon as if I am ill, I have to have volunteers answer the phone but they aren't capable of doing the daily tasks...*sigh*. If anyone has any tips on treating wrist tendonitis - drop me a line at mrs_tea_mouse@hotmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh, kiddo, I feel your pain. I have a pretty mild form of the same, but arthritis too. Nothing is worse than having your hands hurt when you want to use them, don't you think? Well, maybe there are things worse. But, I hope you feel better soon. I need to cruise through your blogs and see what knitting project you are doing. I'm about to bring my spinning wheel out on the porch and spin some yarn this week. I'll be sending good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's raining here today too. I am feeling blah from the allergy/sinus aspect though.

    I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the deal with ice and heat? Would alternating the two help? It's tough when we do so much with our hands. Have you tried using your mouse with your other hand? Sounds like a good time to read a book.

    Hope you feel better soon! I am finding a lot of knitters at work and it's almost inspiring me to open up the bag next to me and finish my pink scarf, but am enjoying the computer too much.

    ReplyDelete