Friday, March 30, 2007

Ripple Anyone



Well I am having a blast working on my DD ripple - I am not giving it to her until Christmas - let's see can I actually wait that long to give it to her. I just know she's going to love it...nothing says love like something homemade and thankfully she has a real appreciation for that. I am now over 1/4th of the way done...woohoo! After this I think I'm going to make one for my ds - except his won't be nearly this bright. To give you a hint - his room is painted red with black trim!!! That will be a bit more challenging as it gets tiring to work with dark colors after a bit.

I hope this blanket will inspire some of you to consider crochet - many people who have joined the Ripple Along have never crocheted before. This afghan is done using Bernat Satin(for the colored yarn) and Phentax for the ivory - I used the same colour for my Irish Hiking Scarf KAL. I am using a 5.00 mm hook(Clover, which is an amazing hook).



My Irish Hiking Scarf - This was so much fun to make as I was able to do cables(which I love!!!).

5 comments:

  1. I really want to learn how, just not sure where I am going to find the time......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im looking for a store that will give crochet lessons..my grandma crochets and its something I really want to learn. there are so many yarn stores here in kennesaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could knit well. That scarf blows me away. I like your ripple afghan, too...but the scarf is amazing. Good jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in the afghan! I think I may have a similar knitted afghan in the close upstairs, that baby is now a fifth grader, oops!

    Where do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy ripple!! Thanks for commenting on mine ;-)

    ReplyDelete