Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Facts about me from 13 years ago...


13 Facts About My Life Thirteen Years Ago:

1. I had our second child our DD - who turns 14 next month!

2. I was a SAHM(that's what they call it today). I was referred to as a housewife. I spent my days cleaning and taking care of the kids. I had a clothes line and I would hang my laundry outside in the spring/summer and fall.

3. I had just learnt how to crochet and made my first afghan. It was one big granny square. My birthday gift that year was a basket of yarn in different colours and some crochet hooks, from my mom.

4. My hair was dyed red, I hate myself in red haiar now.

5. I drank 2 pots of coffee a day - by myself.

6. My car was a AMC Renault - it was parked more than it was driven - it made a good parking spot ornament.

7. I never drank water, but I drank about 2 litres of Pepsi a day.

8. My DH and I would play cribbage or rummy in the evenings - we had no computer.

9. On my television were: Law & Order, The X Files, Empty Nest, Mad About You, Seinfeld, Murder She Wrote, Full House, Barney & Friends, AMV and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

10. Music I enjoyed on the radio: Ace of Base, Great Big Sea, Shania Twain, favorite song Cryin' by Aerosmith.

11. The authors I was reading were Stephen King, John Grisham, Danielle Steel and Lavyrle Spencer. I usually got the newest Danielle Steel hardcover book as a gift for Christmas or my birthday - they're both in the same month. A clue - I was almost named Holly!

12. I had a small vegetable garden and we enjoyed growing radishes and tomatoes. In the summer of 1994 we experienced a Plow Wind and all of our tomatoes got pock marked from hail so we made salsa. I haven't had a garden since that time, not because the plow wind but we've not had a yard for it up until now.

13. My 4 yo DS was asked by his dad what did he want to get me for Christmas - he grinned and said a 'diamond ring'. Well bless their souls - he and dad went shopping and found a nice ring with a little diamond chip(this was a time of not much money), and I was so surprised on Christmas morning to find that he had bought me a ring for Christmas. I'll never forget that big smile on his face as he watched excitedly as I opened up the gift from him. I still have that ring and I still love it!

11 comments:

  1. Great Thirteen! I almost forgot about that ring...and would have liked to have forgotten about the Renault! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good ol' Renault - we were sure excited when we bought it....remember lol!


    Ahhhhhh a lot has changed since back then, hard to believe when you reminicse like this. We've come a long long way babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Times do change, don't they? That's a good thing, most of the time.
    Welcome to Thursday Thirteen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That comment is under "Thursday", but my name is Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me you don't drink that much coffee or pepsi anymore...lol, what we didn't know back then.

    Thanks for stopping by, I am bookmarking you since we have similiar interests, reading and knitting.

    I checked out the irish scarf blog also. I come from a family of knitters and it all started when my uncle learned how to knit in school for WW2 and he taught my grandmother!
    Have a great evening.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. neat list...thanks for letting us get to know you

    ReplyDelete
  7. neat list...thanks for letting us get to know you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments, it was a fun way to reminisce. I had a hard time remembering back - so it was a good brain exercise for me.

    Happy TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a cool list! I like the loog of your blog. My TT is up, come by if you get a chance.

    http://mitchypoo777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new at this so I am looking around to see how other people do it. Enjoyed yours. Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/prestochango88

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed your Thursday Thirteen...it's amazing how much has changed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete