Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter

Happy Easter!

I have to say this has been a most wonderful Easter! I truly enjoyed all of the Triduum and all the quality family time. This year the Triduum really hit me. I felt so emotional as I really 'got' what Jesus did for us on the Cross and on Good Friday I thought in Church...I am so glad that we only have to go into this dark space for one day. That being said, to enter fully into the death and resurrection of Christ is extremely meaningful experience.


These eggs were colored by my big kids 13 and 17, even now they had a good time bejewelling and putting on stickers.

Our family dinner at my mother-in-law's place was awesome. She did up a lovely turkey and all of the fixings. It was so cute to watch our nieces running around the house to do the Easter egg hunt that Gramma had prepared. They were so excited. The youngest one is too little to hunt for eggs but she had no problem finding the ones the other girls had found and she sure figured out fast how to open the plastic eggs up to find the treats inside!

DH had to go to Church again on Sunday for some baptisms and while he was gone I prepared our Easter breakfast feast. We had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, bacon and some O.J. It was delicious! After breakfast I was totally exhausted...we didn't get home from the Vigil until about 2 a.m., we sat and visited with our pastor and a few friends over some wine...great times! So I had my nap and felt refreshed.

Luckily enough I have today off as well, so I slept until 8:20 a.m. and have been having a leisurely morning, however I think Oliver may just be ready to go for a walk soon - and after the breakfast and dinner I had...not to mention the Easter treats....I think I definitely need it.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you had such a good holiday. It is always nice to be with family.

    I did make the french toast casserole, which the boys loved. The first time I had it was at my wedding shower, so I feel like it's our family recipe.

    The first cat we had, became mine. These two are just different personalities, special almost, LOL.
    Have a nice short week at work~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I "tagged" you again, this time for the Thinking Blogger Award. I do enjoy stopping by your blog, always calming, great knitting links and your title fits your blog!

    BTW- checked out the ripple link....I could do that. But in our family we usually just use what we have for patterns like that.
    I should take a picture of the one I have that is a different pattern. ( will do later this week)

    ReplyDelete