Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Knitted Give-A-Way Contest

*Reminder* - Make sure to put a link back to the contest at your blog, or put a button up in your sidebar. Also, make sure to enter your name with the Mr. Linky that is provided. Pretty simple rules, I didn't want to make it difficult - just to advertise my blog a bit, and meet some new people. Remember, for every TEN people that sign up an extra item will be added to the prize. This means that the more people hear about it, the better the prize gets. I'm very excited to tell you that the first items of the prize are now complete and I am working on extras.

I don't know about you but I love to win things and I also love to knit. I've decided to combine the two for my first ever contest. I will be giving away 2 knitted hanging tea towels and three knitted dischcloths in a variety of patterns using the brightest of bright crochet cotton from Bernat and have your kitchen ready for the summer months or if you'd prefer I will do a custom set for you in the color scheme of your choosing. You can't get better than that! For color options check out Bernat's site - *note, not all color choices may be available in my area.

If you choose the brights they will be shipped immediately after the contest closes - if you would like to have a custom package knit for your kitchens decor it will take about 4 - 6 weeks at the most to have them knit and sent to you.

I've been knitting my own dishcloths for the past 8 years and I will not use any other kind. They are so durable and their scrubbing power is hands down the best of any dish cloth I have ever used. The knitted towels come in handy to hang on the stove for those quick handwashes while cooking - and of course they pretty up the kitchen too! I give these as gifts all the time and now my non-knitting sister puts in an order each Christmas for a dozen cloths, even her husband wants them as a gift.

Washing instructions are to wash in cold water, no bleach and normal dry. To keep them bright but not lose their color use a bleach free brightener.

To be eligible to enter this contest simply leave a comment below and put a link to my contest on your blog, feel free to use the contest button. Contest closes at 12:00 a.m. midnight - Central Standard time on May 27, 2007. At this time everyone who has signed up will be entered for a random draw and the winner will be announced by 12:00 a.m. midnight - Central Standard Time on May 28, 2007. Spread the word so that everyone can enter and have a chance at this knitted Give-A-Way!

Updated Contest Info:
Shelly from the Eclectic Life wondered if you could enter more than once - rather that I say how about this - for every 10 entries I will add one more item to the prize...how cool is that? So the more people you tell the better the prize gets. Make sure the link is very clear on your page to get more entrants, write about in a post etc. Get creative! I love to knit and I am happy to make this prize grow and grow just for you!
Remember to be eligible to win the contest, comment below and put a link to my contest on your site.
To use a button to link back to the contest page the following code can be added to your sidebar.

19 comments:

  1. Im first! Yeah,,Have fun with your contest..I am off to read more of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited! I would love to have these...they might give me the boost I need to learn how to knit. I have always wanted to learn how, I just don't know where to start. This is a great idea:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy

    Use the linky to be entered to win these knitted items. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL! I'm linking right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool beans! Great give-away, Sweet Tea! Can I enter twice or three times?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll tell you what, for every 10 entries I'll add one more item to the package....so spread the word and you know the contest will be so much fun and the prize will be growing!!!!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I love knitted dishclothes...this is so nice of you to host this contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What time zone are you in? You mentioned midnite but not the time zone.
    Sounds like fun. I'll spread the word on my many blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a good question Rona - I am in a central time zone. Good Luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the contest!! Good luck everyone!
    I really need to get back to some knitting and crochet projects...
    Have a great weekend!
    robin (even tho' my log in may say Kayleigh)
    cokelush at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ellen,

    You're link isn't working, please try again so I can stop by your site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have you linked! This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great contest! I will blog about it today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I forgot to leave a comment, how silly! Here is the link to my blog post:

    http://jennsnook.blogspot.com/2007/04/knitting-goods-contest-take-run-over-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Was I not entered? I thought I did...eek! Now I am, aren't I, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have a link up by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those sound great!! I hope I win.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I posted and link to you. However, I never win, so I should just learn to knit. I love knit dish clothes so much, they are just the best, and I've worn mine all out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey... tonight is the night... right?! Yippee! Can't wait to see who your winner is. Although, we are all winners and it was an honor to be nominated... right? I'll check back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete