Monday, April 16, 2007

Movie Reviews

(Copyright Gospel Communications International, Inc - www.reverendfun.com)

This weekend we bought a really cheap dvd player and promptly returned it. I figured at the price we paid for this Diamond dvd player from Wal-Mart if it lasted a year it would be not too bad. But no, it stuttered continuously so we took it back and got a Philips brand - so far so good.

We watched Charlotte's Web on Saturday night - what an amazing movie! I don't even like spiders and I almost cried when Charlotte died. Wilbur was some, terrific and humble pig. The animation that they did with the pig was perfect - it didn't look phony at all and I loved the way the animals conversed together. I've read the story to my kids when they were younger and I loved this live movie version of it. They did a great job bringing this classic story to life. I give this movie 4 stars!

Last night we watched Superman Returns - I was blown away with the Christ theme throughout the movie. When Superman is saying good bye to Jason he says to him 'You will be different, sometimes you'll feel like an outcast, but you'll never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son.' There are so many more quotes like this from the movie - you'll just have to check it out yourself. This movie is all that I expected it to be and more. I am a huge Smallville fan and my only complaint was that I would have liked to see Tom Wells as Superman in the movie - but that is just a personal preference. I give this movie 4.5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Charlotte's Web story, so sweet and you want to believe that the animals are talking.

    We have not seen Superman returns yet, our video store is gone and we have not chosen an alternative yet. It did look like a good family movie to watch.

    Smart woman returning the dvd player, somethings are worth the extra.

    We took the kids out to dinner tonight, I think we threw them for a loop, a Monday evening and dinner? It was a nice family time.

    ReplyDelete