Thursday, April 26, 2007

Patio Pink Coaster



I was a bit bored at lunch hour today - did a bit of blogging and then decided to pick up my knitting. I was planning on doing an old fashioned dish cloth and I thought, hey why not make some coasters. They knit up very quick and they're nice and absorbent...plus washable. So using the old fashioned pattern, I cast on 4 stitches and knit the first row. Following the pattern of K1, M1 and K to the end until I had 25 stitches, then to decrease K2, K2 tog, K to end until there are 4 sts remaining and cast off. It knit up really quickly and I love the patio pink colors - they'll be nice to use on the patio table outside.

I have made coasters before, see the flower on my desk! I use this one all the time at work. I have all the knitting done for the Knitted Give-A-Way Contest, don't forget to sign up and put a link on your blog to be entered. The prize grows the more people sign up. Last Wordless Wednesday I put up a pic of one of the hanging towels that will be in the prize, next week there will be another hint of what's to come.

Just having a quiet evening here, my DS and I took our dog for a walk - he wanted to treat his ol' mom to some ice cream. It is so nice to be able to do stuff like that with him - he still asks me to go with him on walks...I am blessed. Oliver is pooped and has crashed on the couch. I think I'll take my tea and my new coaster and sit beside him and knit up some more coasters.

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty! I like 'em. You have a good evening curled up. I'm hitting the sack. That digging in the mud in the rain the other night gave me a head cold! Catch up with you tomorrow.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Pink is my favorite color!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete