Sunday, April 22, 2007

TeaMouse Mountain Climbing

Well I am pleased to say that I made it through the weekend without any major upsets. We had Confirmation at our parish on Saturday and that means a private dinner with our pastor, pastor's assistant, Archbishop and my DH....stressful for me, I can't even explain how much so. Thankfully as soon as we got to the dinner our pastor offered us wine, it was all I could do to not toss it right back like a sailor - I was tempted to have a stiff drink of scotch like the men were doing - thankfully I remained lady like with my red wine and I sipped it in a proper manner.

The meal was delicious pork medallions in a mushroom sauce, barley & brown rice pilaf, broccoli and cauliflower in a cream sauce and of course some little brussel sprouts - of which DH passed on. Mmmmmmmmmmm brussel sprouts. I have a recipe somewhere for sprouts in a cream sauce, I will have to dig that out.

Anyway after I made it through the dinner I felt on top of the world - conquering TeaMouse mountains one mountain at a time.

So this morning we were free to have some leisure time so what do DH and I decide to do? Well take our bikes out for the first ride of the season. Oh yes and we look so cute too in our matching Schwinn Classic bikes. The only thing is, we decided to time how long it would take to ride to and from work. Yep!!!!! So we rode off on our 40+ km trek to work and back. Needless to say I'm a bit sore, but thankfully we've been doing a lot of walking so I'm not too bad off. Now if you don't hear from me tomorrow, I'm probably all seized up in bed!

Speaking of bed! DH and I made a big purchase today - yep a new bed!!! I am so excited. You just know it's time to buy a new mattress when you wake up feeling like you've been through an entire evening of aerobic activity! After riding for the morning I just wanted to stay lying on the bed at Sears, I wonder if they would have noticed if I just snuggled in for a nap? So on May 2 we will be the proud owners of a new, super cozy bed. I may never want to leave it.

It was also time to buy one for our DD and it will arrive just before her birthday - she'll love to snuggle up in it I'm sure. Right now she doesn't really sleep in, but I'm afraid with the new bed she may turn into brother....he could sleep all day!So now I'm busy knitting away on the 2nd tea towel for the Knitted-Give-A-Way Contest! It's in a nice bright green, I'm having so much fun knitting I may just have to do this contest again.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your post tomorrow for the day after a bike ride aches and pains. It can be tough to get old.

    Sounds like dinner could have been stressful, great food though. It would have been hard for me to sip.

    We just got a new mattress last year. Just love hanging out in it! Why do we wait so long for a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dinner sounded marvelous. I'm so glad you didn't tell us that you tossed back your wine like a sailor (rofl)...that's just not the image I have in my head of you, Sweet Tea! You are going to love a comfy new mattress...it makes all the difference in the world. And, if you keep taking bike rides that, you will be needing a rest. You and jennymcb exhaust me just reading about your activity. Hey, I've been exercising! I walked to the refrigerator for another bowl of ice cream! Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmm ice cream! I thought I would have a bowl of my favorite last night, but at supper I wasn't feeling well...I took 2 gravol and went to bed and I was immediately asleep.

    ReplyDelete