Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award


Wow, I am shocked to say the least! Jenny from J's Thoughts and Musings has tagged me for the Thinking Blogger Award! I'm pleasantly surprised to be tagged from Jenny for this....thanks J!!! I don't know how much my blog makes others think, but I enjoy writing about my day-to-day happenings and other stuff that inspires me to get typing at the computer. I enjoy meeting new bloggers and reading about all of you. I've met so many of you from the comments that you leave on my blog. That is generally where I find my new blogs to read. If you're an anonymous lurker, leave me a comment or two and I'll pop on over and say 'hello'.

I obviously can't nominate Jenny, but she knows I love her blog so now that I have thanked her the tough part comes in deciding on 5 blogs that make me think. Of course I visit Jenny's regularly but I have the tough choice of choosing 5 more - and some of you have already received this award...hmmmmm! Well here they are in no particular order. I had a bit of a hard time with this. I've chosen blogs that I've just recently discovered from comments they've left, to blogs that I've been visiting for sometime. When you visit these lovely blogs, make sure to comment - that way they too can find more blogs to read.

1. Living Life in Full Color! - She is a photographer and an author with an upcoming book about her life at 13 and I'm just waiting for it to come out so I can read it. Life was very different for her then, they lived in a spider infested trailer with no electricity or running water. Her toilet was a pail that they had to dig a spot for regularly to dump. I'm excited to read how she came from there to where she is today. Her photographs are absolutely stunning. I am an amateur photographer and I am inspired by her work and seeing her photos inspires me to take out the old Pentax and get snapping.

2. Less Lisa - She is on a weight loss journey that has its ups and downs, I too am on this same journey and I get inspiration from her before and after photos and by reading her posts I see that I am not alone in my struggles each day.

3. Scribbit - I am new to reading her blog but she has lot's of neat stuff to read. She lives in Alaska and she shares what life is like for her and she has such interesting things to share including great craft ideas, recipes and more. I think she deserves a thinking award. I've just been at her blog and been inspired to make several crafts.

4. This Eclectic Life - Shelly lives in Texas and she's a professional storyteller and her blog never disappoints. Sometimes it really gets you to thinking and other times it's just plain enjoyable...I love her Texan Talk and I'm sure you will too. She's been honored for this award twice already so it just goes to show you that she is definitley deserving of it even x 3 as the case may be.

5. Mommy of Three - A stay at home mom with money saving tips and a love of reading! Her new post today on whether or not to continue with Easter bunny traditions is thought provoking.

I tried to come up with some uniquely different blogs for you to visit - they are all worth checking out and each one has it's own unique flavor that keeps me going back for more. Pop on over and visit their blogs and tell them I sent you on over. For all of you who have been tagged please create your own list.

Here are the rules:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).

1 comment: