Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Books I want to read this summer



In no particular order these are books that I want to read this summer. I am a lover of books, there are some I can read again and again....but I usually wait a few years before I do that so I am due to re-read some again and others are new on my list.

1. Tara Road - Maeve Binchy - This is the first Maeve Binchy book I read and I fell in love with her writing. Since then I have read many others but this one always remains my favorite. I don't have a current copy of it as my sis borrowed it and then she wanted to re-read it herself...so I'll be getting a copy to re-read for a nice summer day.

2. Back on Blossom Street, Debbie Macomber - Debbie first took us to this street in 'A Shop on Blossom Street. She then returned there with 'A Good Yarn' and now we're back on Blossom street and it goes on sale May 12...I am excited indeed as I loved both of these previous books.

3. 6 Rainer Drive, Debbie Macomber - I have read all previous 5 of these books in the Cedar Cove Series and I am looking forward to the next installment. It's been on sale for a bit, but with Christmas etc. I haven't been buying many books and I'm due for a good read. The nice thing is they are on sale in paperback so they're priced right for purchase.

4. 74 Seaside Avenue, Debbie Macomber - Yes this is the most current book in the Cedar Cove Series. It won't be on sale until September but I'm still going to include it in my list and hopefully we'll still have summer weather to read by.

5. Tales of London Series, Lawanna Blackwell - I have read her Gresham Chronicle series and I fell in love with the Victorian era theme of it. I'll be putting these on my list of books to buy.

6. The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks - I have seen the movie - loved it!!!!! Now it's time to read the book.

7. Summer Sisters, Judy Blume - I've been meaning to read this book for sometime now and for some reason I keep not getting to it.

8. The Nanny Diaries, Emma McLaughlin - It looks like a fun - light read.

9. Confessions of a Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella - These have been on my 'to read' list fr a bit and I see they are getting good reviews and I figure summer is a good time to try a new author...see #10 for her again...lol.

10. Shopaholic and Baby, Sophie Kinsella - It's getting good reviews and it looks like a nice fun read.

11. Sisters, Danielle Steel - I haven't read this author in quite sometime. I felt her writing was becoming quite formula like. I'll give her another shot - it might be a light read on a nice beach day.

12. Alibi Man, Tami Hoag - I'm kind of keen on reading a mystery...I read Nora's Roberts 'Northern Light's and I liked the mystery feel of it. If I don't read this one maybe I'll get brave and read The Shining by Stephen King...I've been meaning to read this one for years.

13. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling - Of course the best for last. I never thought I'd read these books but we've been buying them for our son for gifts off and on for the past 7 years and somehow DH began reading them and then so many other adults I knew read them. I have to say they are quite well done and since I read all of the others - I am looking forward to reading the final book in the series, although I'm nervous how she's going to end it!



14 comments:

  1. I can't wait till the new HP book is out. So much anticipation, I just want to read it already!

    I read Nanny Diaries and wasn't that impressed with it. However, all my friends rave about it.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the hint on the next Debbie macomber book.I am loving this series.

    Dont forget to read some of the books I sent you..Should be there in 3-5 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Amy! I almost forgot about those books...omy I will be busy reading this summer. I love to read on the back deck and at the beach. There are so many more opportunties to read during the summer - even work is slow enough for me to read.

    I'll be sure to let you know when the books arrive!

    Maybe I should get the Nanny Diaries from the library - just in case...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything Nicholas Sparks writes and Debbie Macomber as well; I've read DM for decades. :) Great list! I'm currently reading Maeve Binchy's "Whitethorn Woods" -- excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, those should keep you busy for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bookaholic too! Love to read! I buy more even when I haven't finished what I have. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only one I have plans to read, as in actually having a plan, is the HP book. And I never thought I'd like them, either. Funny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I can't WAIT for the Harry Potter book to come out! The Notebook movie and book were both equally touching and tear-jerking. It's a great story that Nicholas Sparks told!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good list! I love new reading material, and am constantly looking for suggestions.

    And the new HP is top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of reading ! but there are summer holidays coming !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the Nanny Diaries... you're right, a light, fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fell behind on my Harry potter and should probably finish them before the new one comes out.

    I have read over 1/2 of what you have listed. Just found that Macomber series in December, a nice read. Love Maeve Binch and feel the same way about Danielle Steele.

    The Shopoholic was okay and Nanny Diaries was okay, but just sad if that's the way it really is. Have you read The Devil wore Prada? That was a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list...if only I had time to read. Too many blogs to look into! :)

    I haven't read the notebook, but I have seen the movie and it's very heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read 6, 7, and 9 and am waiting anxiously for #13!

    ReplyDelete