Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Things I L O V E


Thirteen Things that I L O V E


1. Knitting, I can't say how much joy and peace this hobby brings to me. There is something completely amazing from turning yarn into a sweater, tea towel, poncho or more. That's why I decided to do my Knitted-Give-A-Way! I love knitting for other people, it's great to hear people are happy with these gifts. This past Christmas I knit my 5 nieces each their own poncho, and a sweater for one of my nephews. I also crochet and this year I am making my kids each their own afghan. My DD is in a ripple pattern of bright colors, with complete randomness on the colors. My DS will probably be in the typical blacks and greys. It will be a bit boring to work on, but I know he'll love it.

2. Blogging - I absolutely love to blog. I remember last summer when my DH was starting a blog. I thought he was nutz! I had no idea what it was about at all. Then I started stumbling few a blogs and I found myself wanting to read about these people. At first I felt like I was peeking in through their dining room window at dinner hour. I got over that feeling pretty quick and in the last few months I've really been drawn to blog. I like to record my day to day stuff and have some fun with meme's and just be goofy.

3. My mp3 player! I got one from DH at Christmas and it's the neatest thing ever. I think it is so cool that I can have all of my favorite songs on it, all sorted into play lists for my ever so many different moods.

4. My Bedroom - since DH and I rearranged the furniture we have so much more room. The finishing touch was the closet. When we bought the house our closet was a half closet/half cupboard space. The people who lived there before had their tv there. Well I don't watch tv in bed - apparently it's not supposed to be a good idea for many reasons including romantic..lol! So we converted that side to DH's closet space and then it was all open and it made the room look messy. This weekend I bought some nice green panels with silver grommets at the top and a rod and we hung them up....wow! It looks so much better now. It's nice having the closet closed. I picked up a memory board at Wal-Mart in similar greens to put on the opposite wall. This summer I am going to buy some unfinished shadow boxes and paint them to match the green. This all goes great with our light blue walls! Next we'll have to get a new bed set and curtains!

5. Tea- Yes I absolutely adore tea! How could I be a TeaMouse if I didn't drink tea? I used to go be TeaGranny, but obviously I am no granny - but I also went by the nick name of Mickey....and I think mice are adorable. Well as long as they are cartoon mice.

I have to have a cup o' tea first thing in the morning. I used to collect tea pots and tea cups. But you know what happens when family finds you collect something? Uh Huh! You end up with a ----- load of them. So I don't actually collect them anymore but I have a lot of teacups. There is nothing like tea to completely relax me. However, I can never get good tea at a restaurant - what is up with that? They leave it sitting out - getting old, mixing with all the other restaurant smells...yuck! A nice cup of Tetley tea and I am set. I have an English friend who made it quite clear that Tetley is what the English drink after all Red Rose is only available in Canada - pity!


6. Reality T.V. - yep I am hooked. I watch American
Idol(Canadian Idol is horrible), Survivor, The Amazing Race and even Big Brother(although that is getting old). I don't know what it is that draws me to it. My favorite though has got to be The Amazing Race - it's such a great competition, and it would be so much fun to do.

7. Wine! Should be pretty much self explanatory!!! DH, makes it from kits and we just love it with dinner or when we have company over. In the summer I buy the daiquiri kits and use the wine as the alcohol, a nice treat to sip on a hot summers day.

8. Blue Mountain - I absolutely love their ecard selection and I now have their print shop cards also. It's just so convenient to print off a card whenever I need one. The ecards are great, they have them for all occasions and the best part is when you send one to someone - no annoying pop ups! I get cards a lot from 123 Greetings, and it's terrible for pop ups even with my pop up blocker. The yearly subscription is pretty reasonable and they give you a free trial to see if you like it. I use it a lot instead of sending emails as there are no word limitations and the cards are so nice that it makes a nice email to send.


9. Playing on the computer. I try not to do it as often as before, but there are times when zoning out on the computer with the Sims or Never Winter Nights is just what I need to unwind. It's even more enjoyable to play a game of NWN with DH.


10. My front loading washer - it's the best thing ever! I love how fast the laundry gets done and how little water it uses. It's made a big difference on doing this chore. Add that to my new T-Fal Iron and it's a laundry ladies delight.

11. Word puzzles, I love to do word searches, Jumbles etc.


12. Chocolate! Need I say more? I love milk chocolate and dark chocolate...chocolate with nuts, raisin covered chocolate. The best chocolate I've ever had comes from a local company Bernard Callebaut. If you ever get the chance to get some of these chocolates - you should jump on it. They are expensive but worth it. The best part, they're made with no preservatives so you HAVE to eat them quick...lol! Warning - viewing their site may cause severe chocolate cravings. I hereby have no responsibility of added weight gains or chocolate stains on clothing or furniture. I will also not be responsible for any costs incurred by such cravings until further notice.

13. Cellphones. I love my cell phone - it's great to be able for the kids to reach me anytime. I think I'll really appreciate this too as I was reading in our paper today that payphones will be going up to .50/call. So much for ‘Brother can you spare a dime?' Or ‘Here's a dime, call someone who cares'. Makes you wonder when a staggering statistic released reveals that over 50% of the world's population has never made or received a phone call.


26 comments:

  1. Oh darn. I tried to comment but didn't get past verification...and you have handicapped! I love the list, and now I know more about you...and why I like you! Did you make your logo this week? I like the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make my logo every week, I love fiddling with PSP!

    I so love your TT - it has however made me very hungry. I would never say no to one of your home cooked meals...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous here that you have PSP, but we do have a lot in common. Gotta bag the housework ones though, not my "cup of tea" or so the saying goes. Thanks for sharing, now we know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big tea fan, too! And chocolate, definitely chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lists that about what people love...positivity attracts me! I love your Meez, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a TT that focuses on the positive!!
    I share your love of blogging and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I like you a LOT! Except, I like my coffee instead of the tea... and I didn't see anything about scrapbooking in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I grew up it used to be "here's a quarter" instead of a dime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I don't love housework - not by any stretch of the imagination...but I love my washer and if I have to iron which I do in a blue moon it is a dream to use.

    I did some scrapbooking - but I just didn't have the time to devote to it. I made a few albums, but I totally see where that would be addicting.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm there with you on several of those. I just found the joy that is knitting a few months ago and my iPod should be coming in the mail this week. Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reality TV? I'm a big Amazing Race fan myself. Totally addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally with you on the front loading washing machine. If all of you don't have one already, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice positive TT... I love this x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm right with you on most of these!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list..I really want to learn how to knit after reading Debbie Macombers books and I never thought I would enjoy blogging this much!!!

    The hunt is going very well! Good luck on your contest..Hope someone mentions you in todays answers

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is nothing in the world like an MP3 player and I think one of the best things about blogging is the fact that you have that voyuer element

    ReplyDelete
  17. Number 2 and 5 - I'm there! I used to think blogging was silly, now I have seen the light. As for tea. I am a huge tea drinker myself so this was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all those things to it seems, but especially #1 Knitting! Woo hoo! Thanks for visiting my TT and Happy TT!

    http://mitchypoo777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list. I love most of these things too (except reality TV). And I don't know how to knit, but I love to crochet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Howdy doody! I'm from Amy's Scavenger Hunt. First time here. Just wanted to leave you a comment to let you know that I find it interesting that you enjoy tea and The Sims. I haven't met too many other people that enjoy those 2 things like I do. Anyway, many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love most of those things. I don't drink wine, and I don't have an MP3 player. I don't do too much Reality TV, either, but I love blogging and could not do without my cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful blog! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love everything about blogging! I also felt like I was looking in someone's dining room window at dinner time when I first started reading blogs, but once I started my own I realized that's the purpose of a blog. DOH!

    I recently became a tea lover! My tea of choice is blueberry green tea! YUM!

    Fun TT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I discovered Blogs last year exactly at this time. I had never heard the word Blog before and now I run 4 ! Amazing, but I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love blogging too! (Obviously!) This was a great idea for TT!

    ReplyDelete