Friday, June 01, 2007

Weekend Reading and more


Well the weekend is just about here and I couldn't be happier! I've got a couple Danielle Steel books to pick up from the library(yep I said Danielle Steel). It's almost summer time and I want some nice light reading to relax with. I'm picking up is H.R.H and Coming Out, they both looked interesting.

I'm still finishing up the 3rd book in the Gresham series entitled 'The Dowry of Miss. Lydia Clark'. I am thoroughly enjoying this series. I had fallen away from reading for some time and I'm glad that I picked up this book to finish the series.

Yesterday I went online and searched for authors I like and to find out what new books they had out or will be coming out. Then I scooted on over to the library's website and put holds on a ton of books. I think the inter-library system is great! If their is a book I want but it is at another branch, all I have to do is request it and poof it's now at the library closest to me - sweet!


I see I am now up to position 11 on the request list to read Debbie Macombers - Back on Blossom Street. I am so excited to read this one, it was hard to wait to get it from the library. I just can't see myself buying hard cover books unless I know I'll re-read them. I also put 'The Devil Wears Prada' on my list.

So I know I'll be doing some major reading and I'd like to get some more work done on my DD's ripple afghan. When Oliver came down with his injury it kind of put a kibosh on my progress. So it will be nice to curl up with a book and tea or crochet and tea, especially if this rain continues through into the weekend.

So what are your weekend plans?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tea! I love the idea of sitting to crochet. For some reason, we always crocheted in the summer. We sat in our wet bathing suits under a blaring air conditioner at the trailer at the lake and made ripple afghans like crazy. Sorry its raining on you. For a brief spell today we have had sun. Yeesh. Rain will be back.

    ReplyDelete