Monday, May 14, 2007

World's #1 Mom Winner Is...


Surprise we have a tie! The first winner for the World's #1 Mom Contest is Bog Boy submitted by jdoriot from Up the hill gang. This made my DH laugh out loud!!! Our second winner is from Susie J and it was entitled How do you catch a breath? DH had this to say about it: "It was a beautiful and poignant reflection on the one aspect of parenting we all suffer through but rarely talk to each other about." So I am awarding you both the 'World's #1 Mom Award', just email me at mrs_tea_mouse at hotmail dot com and I will email you the code to put this on your sidebar.

Thank all so much for playing, I thought this up last minute and I'm so glad that those of you who participated took the time to do so. I truly enjoyed reading the entries. Sorry for the delay in the results but Mother's Day got busier than I expected. I hope you all had a truly wonderful Mother's Day! Thanks also to my DH for judging all of these wonderful entries!!!!

After Church on Sunday we popped by to see my Granny, she was doing great and enjoyed the visit and the new African Violet I bought for her. I was then whisked home and my DH prepared a wonderful breakfast of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and bacon. It was truly delicious. I got some lovely gifts and we had a wonderful visit with my in-laws and we planted two trees that we bought on Saturday.

We are in the process of building a screened gazebo that we bought on Saturday - we had to stop on Saturday to take the kids to see Spiderman 3. The movie was really good, for some reason I enjoyed it more than the other ones.

It's raining here today and we're hoping it stops so we can build the gazebo. It's quite nice 12 x 12 with screen and privacy screens on all sides and it also has a solar panel on top to charge lights that can be turned on inside at night. This is perfect - maybe we'll actually be able to sit outside this summer without having to be covered in Deep Woods OFF.....lol! It will also be nice to be able to eat supper at the patio table without all the flies buzzing about.

I'll probably post a pic when we get it set up and of my baby trees. They are so tiny now, but already it makes the yard look better - our yard was just a barren space of concrete and grass. We will slowly be transforming it into a quiet little garden.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! So happy to hear I tied! I hope to see pictures of your gazebo soon! Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing those pictures! A gazebo sounds fun. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You picked some good winners, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Beans!! I'm a weiner! lol!! Thanks and I can't wait to place my badge in my sidebar!!!

    ReplyDelete