Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Father's Words

My DH had asked me to make a photo montage yesterday - I had no idea what he was up to until he asked me to read some words he's written for our DS who is graduating this week. I of course was moved to tears and if you're so inclined pop on by and read what he wrote. He is the writer in the family and it pretty much sums up how I am feeling as well.

It's a weird kind of feeling sad and happy at the same time and yet I can't help but wonder where did the time go. One bit of advice I'll pass on to you parents with young children is this: Cherish every moment. Don't tell them no when they want to play with you - unless your busy, and if you are re-schedule it for a later time. Cuddle them every day and tell them you love them! Turn ordinary time into special times. This IS the stuff they and you will remember for always.

Sorry I'll get sappy if I continue - Peace and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I do agree about the time. The older they get, the faster time is going. I love the idea of scrap booking and will get back to it, but blogging and having memories, photos and info, is another way to hold on to the good things in our life.

    ReplyDelete