Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Hooking and More!

I'm a happy hooker! *no not that kind, sheesh*. If you stumbled upon this blog for that reason - you really should get some good karma back by advertising this little Texas Sized Project.



I love to crochet and I love to knit. I was approached by Shelly at This Eclectic Life with an idea of making crocheted afghans for kids with Cancer. The project instantly called to me - I wanted to see it become a huge success! It's such an easy thing to do - making a small crocheted granny square in whatever yarns I have available - you know how there are always scraps of yarn left over? Well this is a great way to put them to work and for such a great cause. The squares crochet up in no time at all and if we all get working on it - we can make a lot of kids happy. Click on the banner below to take you to Shelly's site that has all of the information.

Shelly is going BIG with this project and why the heck not! Do you have a group of ladies that can meet up at a coffee shop, after a Bible study or at one of your ladies groups? If so why not print off the pattern and all the information and see if you can't make your own group effort for this wonderful cause.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am so gosh darn excited! I finally made the decision to buy myself a spanking new computer! It should be here in about a weeks time. I've had my current one for about 4 or 5 years and it's maxed out with it's RAM and everything I want to use my computer for is a RAM hawg! Sheesh I really think the software guys are in cahoots with the computer guys to make us want need bigger and faster machines.

Well maybe I am a sucker for new technology, but I am happier than a pig in well you know! My DH and I have to give up our snacking so we look at this as our reward for eating healthy etc. so we don't end up with Type 2 Diabetes or some other ailment. DH's mom just got diagnosed with type 2 and she is on medicine and so are all of her sisters and her dad died from complications from diabetes. So we're on the move to get healthy and hopefully this reward will take the place of all our snack money. Oh, don't worry we're still going to be moving even though we'll have new computers to play with - we also have a lovely puppy named Oliver that calls to us every day for his hour long walk.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that you are the official crochet teacher for Share a Square! How nice of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Oliver is all better, you are getting a new computer, and you are happier than a pig in what?
    You are a hoot, kid. And, I appreciate you working so hard to help this project get off the ground. It's gonna be cool isn't it?

    ReplyDelete