Sunday, June 17, 2007

Love to Share? Share a Square!


Here is my first mailing that will be off to Shelly this afternoon!
I managed to get six squares done and I am really enjoying making them.
The best part is that I don't have to sew them together, I always dread that part of a project.
Do these look like fun? Do you want to learn how to make your own?
Click on the Love to Share Button in my sidebar to learn how you too can be a part of this great project of making afghans for kids with cancer.
If you want to learn how to crochet try one of these links - if you get stuck, you can contact me at mrs_tea_mouse at hotmail dot com
To Change colors - this is the method I currently use, this link has pictures on how to do it, look for the image labeled Slip Knot 2B. The same site has very good images of each step of making a granny square. The only difference is we are fastening off and changing colors for each row.

4 comments:

  1. Whoo Whoo! You are super, and those are gorgeous! Now, I wasn't expecting you to be posting on the weekend, so you surprised me. Glad I checked once I finally let me play on the computer.
    I'm having fun. Are you? LOVE the cards...show a close up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea! These are beautiful! I love the green and blue squares.

    I found my bag of yarn today and am so excited to get going on this. I got one done the other day and have figured out how to do it. I am going to use a smaller hook!

    Happy crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful squares! I'm struggling with my tags! lol!! Thanks for the link for changing colors....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am using my scraps from the ripple along to make squares. kill 2 birds with one hook!

    ReplyDelete