Friday, June 01, 2007

Need a Romantic Date...mmmm hmmmm

Since we moved into our new home our bedroom is in the basement. This means most nights the DH and I head on to bed before our son and yeah it is hard on the romance department if you catch my drift. As our room is right directly under the living room upstairs...ack!

With two teenagers it's hard to get the snuggling and kissing in as we are met with faces of utter horror that we are considering doing such a thing in front of them young'ins!

Yes a date would be a great way to spark the romance in our 18 year marriage - especially since we have to sneak in those special times. We head off to Wal-Mart and the grocery store just to 'be alone', that's when I know things are getting bad.

Sneaking home for lunch of Big Mac's is the closest we get to dates these days!

Oh, and did I mention that we've never had a honeymoon! Our marriage has been all about the kids and it's time to put some focus back on our romance.

Thanks to Parent Bloggers for the opportunity to win this contest.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you win!! I can relate to going to Walmart to be alone! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I haven't figured out who won yet, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. If not me, I hope they pulled your name out of the hat! Your life sounds as pathetic as ours, Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny to hear you say this! I thought it was the babyhood that made it tough for romance.

    ReplyDelete