Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Different Granny Square

I just got back from a weekend camping trip and I decided to look for different squares for the 'Share A Square' program'. I found this little gem at 'The Crochet Collection'. The patterns there are free so I thought I'd share it with you.

I just did a mock up to see what it would be like. The instructions were a little confusing at first - or maybe I'm just dead tired after my trip...anyway I like how it turns out and it's a nice change from the regular granny.
A couple of notes. I used a 5.00 mm hook(H). The pattern calls for an (I) hook and the size was supposed to be 61/4 inches. When I switched to the (H) I was able to make it 6 inches.




3 comments:

  1. Nicw square....I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks nice. I used to crochet years ago ( I was going to say when I was younger, but thought I'd sound too old), but have done other things in my spare time since having kids. I may pick it up sometime again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, looks like a lot of counting. It's funny, I go in spurts of crocheting, and am back in the groove after a week off. I went to Joannes' today to get a few more colors because I bore easily. I really like purple with the yellow and orange. It's easy to do the girly squares, but I am trying to mix up the colors to have some boy squares.

    How was your camping trip? Hope you had great weather and a relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete