Friday, July 27, 2007

Eight Things About Me - the 2nd Edition

I've done this meme before but Jenny McB at J's Thoughts and Musings has it up and I know she's done it before so I figured why not. I like to do meme's and it gives me the day off from thinking of what to write...so I'll have a stress free weekend.

I am not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you'd like to take a day off - leave me a comment and I'll pop by and learn more about you.

1. I am petrified of bees/wasps/hornets....really any flying insect that bites, besides mosquitos(they are just annoying). It's such a problem that I'm actually embarrassed about it. I have a difficult time at outdoor picnics and other places where people other than my family will be present. They already know I am a big baby - but I don't want the whole world to know...wait oops! I guess I've let the cat out of the bag.

So I have what is called Fear of bees or bee stings one of common fears among people. Apiphobia (from Latin apis for "honeybee") or melissophobia (from Greek melissa or "honeybee") is an abnormal fear of bees.



2. I don't know if it is because I am a mom or not, but I easily am overcome with the 'guilts'. If you're a mother you may have had a similar attack. I get these over everything. I feel guilty if I take a nap. It's true! I feel that I should be doing something more productive with my time. If I'm knitting I feel guilty that I'm not reading enough and the list goes on and on. I wish there was a cure for the 'guilts' but I haven't found one yet...well maybe chocolate - but, well you guessed it that is just another way to get the 'guilts'.

3. My mom has been fiddling with drawing since I was a kid. Whenever she'd get bored she'd sketch drawings of ladies. I was always impressed with them, and I hoped I'd be able to draw like that. Over the years my mom has painted more and recently she did a beautiful picture of Spiderman for my nephew. I didn't realize she could paint that well. We've tried to get her to take a class, just imagine what she could do with a little instruction. No luck, she takes it as an insult. She keeps insisting that I have some talent in me - she says I'm so creative that I most likely can paint as well. I don't know if I can or not, but I am going to have to take a class soon and find out. Soon you may be bombarded with looking at my progress, you just know I'll have to take pictures of my works.

4. I tend to be a reality T.V. addict! It's probably my most secret addiction. Thankfully I am not tied to the t.v. as we have a DVR which enables me to watch t.v. on my time. I am currently watching Big Brother 8. It's kind of like eating junk food - I'm not sure why I watch, but I can't stop. It began with the first season...which I thought was the best so far. It was amazing to watch the dynamics of these people/strangers living together. In that season of BB, they actually got along. Over the years CBS has got quite creative at stirring the pot to create drama for the t.v. audience.

5. I think I have the mind of an inventor(not a successful one). I am intrigued by how things are made and how they work. Over the years I've come up with great ideas - then I find out that they've been in place and I just didn't know it. Some of my big ideas have been - the car wash that moves around the car(this is brilliant), Fake Automobile alarms - this is ingenious...it's just a little laser light that you install on your windshield and your car will look like it has a high tech alarm. I've also thought of a case for lipstick that has a gel lining inside - this way you could freeze it ahead of time and your lipstick wouldn't melt. Alas, I think of stuff too late for it to be of any use - or I have no idea how to make it happen. I think up stuff - and that's where it ends.

6. I'm afraid of the dark - Ok there I've admitted it! I guess all of those traumatizing times as a child have scarred me for life. I could never sleep in a pitch black room - but at the same time I can't sleep with a night light on either, it drives me nuts.

7. I hate reading instructions. If anything we buy comes with instructions DH is the one who sits patiently and reads them. I can't be bothered - there are functions on my cell phone that I have no idea how to use as I won't read the handy little manual that came with it.

8. One of my favorite shows of all time was "Little House on the Prairie". I used to wish that I had lived back then - maybe it was Pa and Ma, they were the best parents ever! Life was so simple, yet so happy all at the same time. If I ever had the chance to try to live like they did on that 1900's House program I would jump at it. It would be interesting to live like that even for a short time.

10 comments:

  1. I have to know, are you watching this season of Big Brother? I am so addicted. and to After Dark;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't read instructions? And, you have the mind of an inventor? Hmm. Not reading instructions is a guy thing. I dunno. I'm with you on the bees and stingie things. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's clarify things a bit Shelly - I get ideas, but they they are just that only ideas. I don't have the capacity to make the ideas a reality - I barely read instructions....lol. I make DH read them - I don't have the patience and he actually likes to read instructions.

    So I could never actually be an inventor - but it's fun to think of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to reply to you Karen - yes I am watching this season of BB and I have to say I am quite enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched big brother, but we used to watch Survivor as a family.

    I am with Shelly on the guy thing of reading directions, I would never have guessed that about you.

    So when you come to visit on your roadtrip....LOL, don't come here in the summer, Sept. and October are bugfree and beautiful. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glued right to the tv for BB again---but for some reason this season has not grabbed me like some of the past ones---Not sure what it is of course that has not kept me away---just say I have a BB addiction.

    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teamouse-

    Just wanted to let you know that you were one of my raffle winners during the blogathon yesterday!!

    If you would like to email me with your mailing address, I can be reached at jessicatherockchick@yahoo.com!

    Thanks!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afraid of the dark? I used to be -- but somehow, I'm just not. I like it better now that I'm not. I love little house too -- and the waltons. I recently re-read the book, little house, to my kids, and It's amazing all that you forget. I enjoyed re-reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great eight. I work with bees. Well, not a lot, but sometimes I hold the little cages with the queen honeybee and some workers. I have the same issue with my cell phone. Luckily, I have a 10 year old who likes to push buttons so she just figures it out without instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a show on I've caught a couple of times...American Inventor I think it's called. I know the finale is on tonight. It's between a brassier (sp?) remote control cars and planes and a safety tree fire gadget. All great things but I think the bra will take it. Very cool and I love the show.
    This is a great list and I can't believe I've finally come across someone who likes Little House on the Prairie. I come across it on tv and want to watch it and everyone groans. I love the show.

    ReplyDelete