Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wordless Wednesday - Sharing the Love

First let me say sorry for this not being a totally wordless post. I think you'll understand why as you read below.

Here is my pup Oliver snuggling up with the new afghan that I just received. The lovely ladies at my church have a knit/crochet group where they make afghans and the like for the needy. After getting involved with Share a Square, I thought I'd be brave and ask them if they'd donate an afghan for the cause.

Here is the lovely afghan that they donated for the Love to Share program, isn't it wonderful! I had a hard time getting Oliver away from it, he wanted to snuggle up with it. I can't blame him this afghan looks very snuggly.


If you've never heard of the Share a Square program, you are missing out. You don't even have to be a crafty person to help with the program. You can simply place a button in your sidebar to advertise it for us. We have many like the one below. Love to Share, has officially gone International - there are people from all over the world participating to help make afghans for kids with cancer.


I know that none of these ladies from the crochet group at my church will read this blog, but I want to give them a huge *Hug* and a big *Thank You*!!! Ladies you are incredible and it's people like this that remind you of the goodness that still exists despite all of the depressing news stories we are bombarded with every day. There are still little angels in this world making it a better place.
More Wordless Here

13 comments:

  1. He's very cute as always. It never fails - when you put a stack of clean linens or clothes on the bed or couch, a pet wants to lay on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you even think of moving Oliver? That afghan is absolutely gorgeous, Sweet Tea! You are so good. Thank you for posting more about the program. I appreciate your support...you know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a very beautiful afghan! Smart looking dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He apparently has a very good taste, lol ! The afghan is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously Oliver knows a finely crafted afghan when he sees one!!! And what could be better than a snuggly afghan alongside a little puppy love?

    How wonderful of you to get your friends from church to help out in Shelly's project! That is just awesome!! I'm still trying to find anyone who knows what knitting needles even are :)

    Just not crafty that way, I guess!!!!

    Happy WW!
    Jessica The Rock Chick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I will post a banner on my blog too! ( I love your comfy little doggy!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww...that's sweet. He looks nice and "comFTy" (as my 4 year old would say). Great photos.

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the purple and yellow together! And how nice of these gals to donate an afghan...and about Oliver...I think it's a hoot when animals are so drawn to quilts and afghans! It's like they are crafters too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like the dog has taken over the afghan!!

    best home teeth whitener

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful afghan and a wonderful cause. i'll be checking out the links.

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats beautiful. Wish you lived closer. Would love to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice of them to donate an afghan, beautiful colors! Oliver looks cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oliver is SO cute! Very nice afghan too.

    ReplyDelete