Friday, August 17, 2007

Donuts

Well a few of you have asked for my donut recipe so I thought I'd give you the link to the one I found at cooks.com it has optional ingredients(nutmeg and lemon rind) - I didn't use these at all so I'm not sure how they'll turn out if you do use them.

I don't have a donut cutter so they're not perfect in shape - but I gurantee they were tasty. I was going to take a picture of the whole recipe but I got to it the next day and there weren't too many left.

I dipped them in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar - using a baggie - but you can get really creative if you like and do glazes etc.


10 comments:

  1. Mmmm... they look so good. I would love a donut, but unfortunately I try to stay away from all products with flour and yeast due to some reactions I get from the products. I don't have a problem with cake donuts, but they don't quite taste the same, and although they are good too, I would venture to say, they just don't taste as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo, these look tasty! I will try to post the Buttermilk Chicken and Biscuits recipes for you tomorrow:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of my mom's homemade donut recipe. She used a coffee-based glaze which was great for kids who couldn't drink coffee but loved the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy yummy! I haven't had a homemade donut in ages. Gregg's mom used to make them and they were fantastic. Breads are my downfall and probably why my a$$ is so big so I'm going to just start 'looking' at fantastic treats like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm those look so yummy. I have not had a homemade donut in forever.

    Now I want a donut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THOSE DO LOOK GOOD. IM VERY IMPRESSED

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left something on my blog for you. I mentioned the dishcloths again, do I get another entry ;-)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look fabulous! I've never had a homemade donut---those don't have actual calories, do they? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I havent seen you around much. Did you give up on WW and TT? BTW, those donuts look delicious!!! Dont be a stranger:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my. Those look good. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete