Friday, September 07, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Exchange Questionnaire

Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Swap

When registering, please post your questionnaire and answers on your blog. Once registration closes on September 8th, if your questionnaire is not posted, we'll assume you don't wish to participate - so be sure to get 'em up there! You're welcome to post it now, as well, just be sure to post a link on your sidebar or in a post once matches go out so your pal can find it!

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? I knit and crochet. My mom taught me to crochet about 13 years ago. I took to that quite well and about 5 years later I managed to teach myself to knit with a bit of help from books and my Granny.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? I make dishcloths all the time, it's all I use at home and I love to give them as gifts as they are always very well received. My sister and her husband have a standing order for them every Christmas.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? I've only used Bernat and Lily Sugar and Cream so any others would be great to try. My yarn selection in my city is not that great.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? I haven't done a lot with circular needles, for some reason I am nervous to use them so I prefer straight. I love to use wooden or metal needles.

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? I love all colours. My kitchen is in blues and yellows, but I make my dishcloths in all colours from the brightest brights to the naturals.

6. What do you like best about Autumn? The colours. I love to see the leaves turn colour and the feel of the cool autumn air.

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! Pumpkin pie is my all time favorite pie but I would like any of those pies....pecan would be my last choice as it's very sweet.

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? I couldn't wait to get started. I loved the new school supplies and the brand new outfit. It was all about the school supplies for me, I love stationery products.

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap) Yes I celebrate halloween, give out candy decorate the yard and the whole bit.

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? Werthers Hard Candies, Starburst and Salt n' vinegar chips.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) I have a cat and a dog, 2 kids 18 and 14 and a husband who mostly seems like an adult...lol!

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? Probably Bernat or Lily Sugar n' cream cotton. I'm easy going and relaxed. *what a tough question to answer* Phew!

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? Dishcloths.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) Thanksgiving. It's a wonderful time of the year - the colours are vibrant and I love the preparing of the Thanksgiving meal and decorating the house with gourds and mini pumpkins.

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? I am allergic to wool - everything else is a go. I have no food allergies that I know of.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you decided to join us! My Dishcloth Swaps are my favorite of the ones I do :D

    ReplyDelete