Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Fall Time Dance Begins - Awards

It's that time once again to do the Fall Time Dance. The hurried mornings where toast is popping and I find myself eating on the run. I have to admit at home my time management skills are seriously lacking. I don't know if it's because at work I am so organized that when I get home I just jump into relaxation mode or what.

DH and I sat down with our slow cooker cookbook and started thinking of meals that we can make. During the school year he is at meetings a few nights a week and with such a short turn- around time we need quick stuff so that we're not tempted to stop by a drive-thru on the way home.

It was really interesting to look at new recipes and plan different menu ideas. A slow cooker can be a life saver this time of the year. So far my favorite slowcooker meal is Stroganoff. What kinds of recipes do you make when time is of the essence? Do you prepare ahead and freeze meals later for warming.

I'm always looking for different ways to have quick dinner time meals that don't take a lot of fuss.

We'll enjoy our last week of non-rushed meals and we'll kick it off with the Taco Skillet recipe. This is a delicious quick alternative to making tacos.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * AWARDS AHEAD * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **

I am a Blogging Star - yes it's true! Or at least that's what Jolene from the Middling Monettes thinks. Thanks so much for these awards.


So I am honored to pass these on to some of my favorite bloggers - some of you I have been reading for some time now and others I have just met but I've found your blog through my contest and I like what I see! So in no particular order here they are:

Single Parent's Unite - I love this blog! She never fails to entertain or provide a good recipe and at the same time she has a lot of money saving tips and other good advice that anyone can appreciate - plus she makes me smile and for that she is a Blogging Star!

Penny Purls and Kitty Knits - I just read this post as I went to see her blog after she left a comment entering my knitted-give-away. What can I say I am hooked! I want to check this blog out often.

J's Thoughts and Musings - I don't even remember how long I've been reading Jenny's blog, but I feel like it's been forever and that is a good thing. She's very knowledgeable when it comes to blogger - I still haven't figured out the label cloud that she proudly displays. She also has older boys and she knows what I'm going through as my oldest just turned 18 this summer.

A Spot of T - I stumbled upon this blog a few months back. I love her sense of humor and the way she looks at life.

Colours of Dawn - I met Dawn through Joy's site and I really enjoy reading her blog. She has great recipes and more. It's nice to have a few Canadian blog friends.

This Eclectic Life - I don't even know how long I've been visiting her, probably since early winter or so. She's a great gal from Texas with a heart of gold. She got me hooked up with her Share-A-Square program for making afghans for kids with cancer. She's also a great story teller and I'm glad to call her friend.

Adventures in Hand-Knitting - She just left a comment on my give-a-way post and I've popped over to her blog. I love her excitement at meeting new people. I think this will be a great blog to pop by during coffee breaks.

Congratulations to all of you!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the awards. I love your blog too.

    Our schedule here can be pretty hectic, and it started this morning. Since our schedule isn't the same every day of the week, but usually the same weekly, we can plan meals accordingly. One thing I do sometimes is make up some soup mixes in jars. Then it is a matter of boiling water or broth, and adding the mix. It doesn't take long and isn't a lot of effort. You can add frozen vegetables or canned stuff or leftovers from the previous supper, no recipe required. I also like Skillet burritos which is a layering of cooked taco beef, tortilla wraps (flat), refried beans, cheese, sour cream and whatever else you want to put between the layers. I usually have about 6 layers in a skillet, and cut it like a pie. There are others, but I won't use your comment space, but I will do a meal planning post in the next couple of months.

    Thanks again for the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweetheart to give me awards when I am hiding in my craft room all the time.
    Fast meals at this house are often stir fry. I've been thinking of doing a post on that. Maybe I should. I don't use that crock pot near enough! But, stir fry...yeah I do that several times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhh, thank you so much. You always listen to what I have to say and I take all of your feed back to heart. I feel like Ive known you for years...Your awesome and I consider you a friend, not just a blogger buddy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! :-)
    And Happy WW!
    Mine is up at Tricotine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just getting caught up with reading some blogs, Thank you for the award. I think that I got the label cloud hack idea from BlogU, and tomorrow and I will figure out how to send the code over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so sweet! I admire and LOVE your blog. I often sit here wishing I could crochet when I look at your work. I tired once, but just could not get the hang of it. All thumbs I am. Thanks again. Did I mention how sweet you are :o)

    ReplyDelete