Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #24 - All About Fall


I have to say that Fall is my absolute favorite season - just look at those beautiful colours! Here are some reasons why I love Fall!

1. I really do love the colours of fall - the bright yellows, oranges and reds. I'd love to see Vermont in the Fall. I'm really glad that I get to experience all the seasons and enjoy all the beauty they each have to offer.

2. Although Fall is when my life gets more hectic it's also a time where life slows down - I know it doesn't make sense, but it's true. When the weather gets colder we spend more time indoors doing calm quiet activities. I love those evenings when we're curled up on the couch watching dvd's and sipping hot tea.

3. Crisp Autumn air and crisp fall leaves - pure and simple joy! I love to walk in the leaves and hear them crunching under my feet. Our dog Oliver loves to race through the leaves and he looks so cute with leaves flying all around him.

4. Food - this is my weakness. I love fall type foods. In the fall is when I begin to think of baking those wonderful apple crisps and making delicious hardy soups and casseroles and scrumptious breads.

5. Knitting is much more enjoyable in the fall. It's nice to curl up with my hot tea and a knitting project and just relax.

6. Pumpkins and gourds of all types to decorate the house.
7. Burning lovely Cinnamon and pumpkin scented candles are a little treat that I really enjoy in the fall.

8. As Fall gets chillier it's a nice time to enjoy those relaxing bubble baths while reading a good book.

9. All the new T.V. shows start up again so there is more to enjoy while knitting or exercising.

10. Christmas shopping - yes I do start early - it's nice to do it now when the rush isn't on.

11. Halloween is a nice fun day - I like to see the wee lil' ones come to the door in their cute costumes. Of course it's always fun to rent a spooky movie or two to set the mood.

12. I can usually find my favorite tea when fall begins - It is Celestial Seasonings 'Nutcracker Sweet' tea, it's like having a cookie but without all the calories - a real treat in a mug! If I am being overly indulgent I'll replace my low fat milk with evaporated milk. This is my favorite fall treat!!

13. Thanksgiving is a wonderful part of fall that I treasure. I love the big dinner with family and all the cooking and fussing that goes with it. I've got my turkey on order and I'm planning the menu - it's only three weeks away here in Canada.

Leave me a comment and I'll come by and comment on your TT!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


15 comments:

  1. I love fall!! This was a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't experience fall yet from some pictures, I think I love the falling leaves...love the color and the effect it brings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall. We live not too far from brown county indiana and people come from all over the usa to see the fall and the changing of the leaves.
    my 13 is up
    http://momworksathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is truly a beautiful time of year, isn't it? I've recently posted some photographs that I took at our local park about how autumn is making its presence felt. You can see them here.
    Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list!! I love it..Wish I could come and knit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fall as well. It's so nice to say farewell to summer's heat. I feel like "nesting" in the fall -- probably some primordial instinct to prepare for the cold weeks of winter. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list...Fall is my favorite season. It made me smile to think about all the things you wrote about. I love the smell of cinnamon candles and sitting by the fire. The colors, the cool weather...I wish I knew how to knit!! Anyway, thanks for making me smile first thing in the morning. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall is my absolutely favorite time of year too! And you gave all the reasons I love it too. Except knitting. I don't know how to do that. But if I did, I'm sure I'd be curled up drinking tea and working on a project too :o) Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you can see the good things about fall. I really don't like Fall and Winter. Even Spring for that matter. Give me 80 degree days and gree grass and leaves on the trees every day and I'd be a happy woman for life (well, as happy as I can get).

    But.... I am with you on 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11 and 13.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, in my opinion, you can't beat summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fall as well, there just a lot of trees in my area:(

    I did my 13 on the 13 books I am reading for the Fall Into Reading Challenge. Here's the link:
    http://momofajl.blogspot.com/2007/09/thursday-thirteen_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fall is beautiful around here also, but then it's winter. Yuck!

    Every year I swear I will start earlier for Christmas, but I think I will this year with all this blogging influences.

    That Nutcracker tea sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You said it very well, I love fall it's such a beautiful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what happened to my comment. I hate when I exit too fast before seeing if it went through. I came on Thursday and was third to comment. I was astonished how much our lists were the alike, except the knitting and Halloween. Most of the others were the same and we even have them in close to the same order. Spooky if you ask me. Sorry I didn't let the comment go through, I was wondering why you didn't visit right away to see what I meant, now I know. Happy TT anyway, love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love fall for the CIDER MILLS!! :) Love me some cider and donuts... mmm!

    ReplyDelete