Monday, October 01, 2007

Squares Galore...


Well I finally did it I mailed the parcel to Shelly. I had 37 squares plus the lovely afghan that the church ladies donated. I am quite forgetful and things sit in my trunk forever before they get to their destinations - maybe that's why I always owe the library when I return books...hehehehe!

Here's a pic of the squares I sent, do you feel you can contribute - can you spare time to make even one granny square. I know Shelly would love to have any and all you could provide. Use the Love to Share button in my sidebar to find out about how you can help make squares or advertise for the project.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am so freakin blessed, it's true! My work has some rental space that we rent out and had the DH ask our boss if we could use it for hosting our Thanksgiving dinner and we can!!! This is going to make my life so much easier, so much so that I don't even mind carting all that food to and fro. We'll have plenty of space and it's wheelchair accessible so my Granny who now uses a walker can get around easily. The last few times I had her over it was nearly impossible to get her up and down the 5 stairs into my house.

What's on your menu for Thanksgiving? We have a turkey on order from a local Hutterite colony and the stuffing will be President's Choice Cranberry and I add pecans...mmmmm. Homemade cabbage rolls with sour cabbage, perogies, sauerkraut and sausage, mashed potatoes, salad buns and my MIL`s homemade pumpkin pie, made with fresh pumpkin and served with a dollop of Cool Whip. I think I just gained 5 pounds typing that all out.

Gee this keyboard is driving me Nuts - it keeps switching to French on me or Multilingual and it can do it several times in a post.....grrrrrrrrrr!

Well time to run, DH and I are going to enjoy a game of NWN and relax a bit!

6 comments:

  1. Those squares look gorgeous, Tea. Can't wait to get them. I can't believe you are already thinking Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure am thinking of Thanksgiving - it's next weekend for us Canucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering - homemade cabbage rolls and perogies - darn I wish I didn't live so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing on my menu, I'm coming to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cabbage rolls sound delicious, how do you make them?
    Any squash? Do you have family bring dishes to help out?

    The squares are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great you have a place for Thanksgiving that your granny can get to. We will have Thanksgiving on Sunday with my family and will have homemade perogies and pumpkin pie (my sisters, home grown turkey, and smoked turkey and mashed potatoes (my mom), homemade cabbage rolls and nalysynyki, and snack goodies (myself and daughter-she makes the nalysnyki), and probably more that I can't think of at the moment. On Monday we are going to Sirdar's parent's place and will have turkey and fixin's and we will take cabbage rolls and nalysnyki there too.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete