Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Recyled Crafts - Uses for old Christmas cards...

A lady at church once showed me how to turn an old Christmas card into a lovely gift box - they are so simple to make and they make perfect gift boxes for those little treasures. I was surprised that I remembered how to do it this morning and also that you can find instructions online.

It's a matter of using a ruler and doing some simple folding and cutting and in seconds you have a handy gift box that you can decorate or leave as is. I was going to put directions here but I've found them online already and they are very good instructions. If you have any questions feel free to email me at mrs_tea_mouse at hotmail dot com.


I made this one here this morning at work - in 3 minutes.

If the cards have writing on them you can use the front for gift tags or Christmas tree decorations by simply getting creative with fancy scissors ribbon and other decorations.

What do you do with your old Christmas cards?

3 comments:

  1. Thats awesome - thanks for sharing it with us. I will be using this idea for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful...what a great idea. Thanks for stopping by stranger. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Its always so nice to see you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to save my cards and then donate them to (golly.. can't remember the organization at the moment), but I mailed them off. I think they did something similar with them.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete