Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #29 - What I loved about my Crazy DishCloth Give-A-Way!


Here are 13 things I've loved about my Dish Cloth for a year Give-A-Way!

1. JennyMcB started the ball rolling with a hilarious post. She was going to try to pull an Ocean's 11 kind of master plan. Unfortunately Georgie and the boys backed out due to the weather in Canada getting too cold. I think DH was getting ready to put bars on the windows.

2. JaneyWan from Life in Westcliffe got creative with her post and showed the internet her ratty dishrags. That spiraled and a few more were brave enough to show me their dish rags, I had a lot of good laughs at seeing those pictures pop up in hopes of winning new cloths for a year.

3. I ordered some lovely yarn from Peaches and Cream - this was my first ever online order and I am glad it took this contest to get me to try their product. It makes lovely cloths.

4. I've found new patterns such as a Homer Simpson and a Tweety Bird dishcloth(although they call it yellow bird so they don't get their butts sued...lol).

5. I now always have a small project to take with me when I travel to and from work. DH can drive and I'll just knit, knit and knit some more.

6. I loved reading about my contest in the News!

7. I decided to try the Ball Band dishcloth that everyone is making and I love it.

8. DH thinks I look sexy when I knit....lol!

9. I can't eat chips while knitting - so less snacking.

10. Knitting is cheaper than therapy so I'm saving money....j/k lol!

11. Oliver loves having his mom cozying up with him on the couch every night.

12. I just loved reading all of entries....Grace's poem was perfect it could have been my contest slogan!

13. From the entries to the comments to thinking of the contest it has all been so much fun. I looked forward each day to seeing if there were new entries or what zany things people would say in their comments. I ended up cheering you all on and the only sad part was not being able to give you all dishcloths for a year - it's true! Thank you all for the good laughs that we've shared over this wacky contest idea of mine it has been the most fun I've ever had through a contest and I know I'll have to do it again! Although the winner has been chosen there is still a chance for some of the entries to get a bonus dishcloth - check out this post to vote for who you think deserves the dishcloth the most...Caution ugly dishrags ahead!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to learn how to knit but never could find the time for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what can you eat while knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun list!!!! I wish I could learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great TT. I loved following your contest too. Have another one so I can enter???

    Number 8 cracked me up. Mine thinks the same when I crochet and I always thought it should make him think of my great grama, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great TT. You did have some fun with the contest, and I assure you I did too. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post and I have not knitted in about 20 years maybe more.

    ReplyDelete