Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend Tasks Accomplished

I made my butter tarts(they turned out delicious), colored my hair and managed to do all of that with an excited dog following me around! If the kids want more baking they'll have to figure out that mom needs help with watching the dog....lol!

We had snow and then it promptly melted the next day. It was a beautiful day yesterday so when DH got home we took Oliver for a walk to the pet store and got him some new chews and looked at Christmas gift ideas for him. I think he's going to get one of those engraved dog tags and they had some great rawhide chews in candy cane shapes that looked interesting. I already bought Ginger a cat nip filled denim toy that she'll go nuts over! Last year they got big things so this year he'll get a bunch of chews and she'll be happy with cat nip as she won't eat any cat treats or even people food. I can't even treat her with wet cat food as she refuses to eat it...isn't that the oddest thing ever!

I didn't get much knitting done on the weekend as I was pretty much the one watching Oliver, although we did get out for a walk both days...which of course I do need. I have to find a way to get exercise back...the routine I've been doing just doesn't fit with our schedule and if we miss too many days we're not ready for the changes that are made regularly. I think I see more of the elliptical being used and doing some free weight training on our own.

Tonight I have to get re-focused and start getting my dishcloth projects and DS's afghan completed as I think we're at 36 days until Christmas....Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Willow is like that too - she won't eat wet cat food! Sounds like your pretty excited about Christmas!

    ReplyDelete