Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What I've been up to...

I just discovered how delicious honey is in tea! I received a box of Snapple's (Honey of an Apple) tea from my swap partner Cassie. I brewed it up and used some honey to sweeten it and it was just delicious. I've now used it in my regular tea and my Typhoo as well and I think it is much smoother.

I'm almost done my shawl for my MIL - I have about 8 inches left to go and then I can bind that baby off. It's going to be hard to part with for sure. I ended up going to my local yarn store to purchase some Addi Turbos in 4.5 mm after using the ones that Cassie sent me I just knew I had to finish that shawl with circular needles and boy am I ever glad I did! They work wonderfully. Now I have to get cracking on my DS's afghan and more dishcloths as well as a scarf for my mom....phew.....almost there!

We went to a great craft sale on the weekend and I picked up the present for our boss - all of the office staff chip in. I found this wonderful flaming rock candle(this gives an idea what they look like ~ this isn't the company I bought mine from) and he always has candles burning so I thought it was quite a unique gift.

I got my Christmas baking started and I'm so happy! I really want to get most of my stuff done by the end of November. I really want to be able to enjoy Advent without feeling stressed out. I had to run to the store yesterday and the stores are already crazy - thankfully I'm just about done my shopping as well. I will have that all done by the end of them month too ~ if not I'll lose my mind come December, I can't stand huge crowds and getting overheated while I decide on this tie or that shirt.....lol!

I finished the pity cloth for my contest and soon I'll announce the winner, so far it looks like Life in Westcliffe is in the lead - I will wait until Friday and then announce the winner. If you haven't voted yet, go here to vote for who you think is most deserving of the cloth.

I'm also mailing out the first cloth to Dawn - she'll be receiving one cloth a month for a year - that's 12 cloths in total! I'm so excited to start mailing them to her and I know she is excited to receive them.

Christmas music is all synchronized with my mp3 player and I have my playlist all compiled. I can now pop my player and plug it into the auxilary outlet in the car and have Boney M or Harry Connic Jr. singing me a Christmas tune.

Oh did I forget to mention, I am nutty for Christmas!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing what you have been up to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy, and I am excited about receiving the dishcloths. Thanks, I will be watching the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yippee I hope to hold the lead.

    ReplyDelete