Monday, December 10, 2007

Are you feeling like a Grinch?


Are you feeling at all Grinch-like this year? If so pop on over to Grinch Name - Discover your true Grinch Name mine is Frownymonster Wickedpoop! That sounds terrible doesn't it! I have to admit I had Grinch like feelings this weekend. With a hormonal teenager coming at me it was hard to stay in the Christmas mood - I didn't get any of my baking done that I had planned to do. I don't know why I let her get to me like that? I have to keep myself going regardless of if she is unraveling.

For more holiday fun you can Elf Yourself or Scrooge Yourself...using photos of those you know you can create a little holiday fun, my mom had sent me an email with us in it and it is hilarious - she even had Oliver as an elf. It's some innocent Christmas fun from Office Max.

I did however finish up a lot of projects and get the ends weaved in on a lot of them(why oh why do I save that for the end) - I found a ball of Navy dishcloth cotton when I was out shopping on Saturday...that was the highlight of the shopping trip. I have been wanting to make a ballband dishcloth in the Edmonton Oiler colours of Navy and Orange. I was beginning to think this wouldn't happen as I didn't want to do anymore yarn orders before Christmas. I looked all over town at all the LYS and Michaels and there they were sitting at Zeller's of all places.....lol!

I finished that cloth for my BIL and I did another 12 rows on my DS's afghan - only 23 more to go!!! I started another pair of pocketbook slippers for my Granny and I weaved in the ends and sewed the pair up for my mom. Someone had suggested they were called pocketbook because they can fit in your pocket...that could very well be as they are very transportable. I just love knitting them and soon I'll make myself a pair.

Tonight I'll get some more of my baking done. I popped over to Jean Pare's website as I've since lost my Cookie cookbook of hers and my kids really want jam jams (these are such a good cookie, and they are great to fill up the cookie jar - use your favorite jam in between, I always use Raspberry) and I"m also making DH's favorite of Ginger Snaps and I may even make some Sugar Cookies and ice them with colored whipped cream cheese icing and lastly I will whip up a batch of the Chocolate No Bakes (I don't use peanut butter when I make them, but you can try it and see if you like it) ....phew! Now I won't get this all done tonight...but maybe I can make two at least.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy time. I love all the cookies you mentioned, but have not made Jam Jams before. I have some sugar cookie dough in the fridge from Sunday, I need to cook up; perhaps when the kids get their chores done. When I was a kid, my mom had such a great sugar cookie recipe, and we can't find it. I keep trying different recipes to see if it is the one. The stuff in the fridge used icing sugar so I will see how that goes. I am going to try this recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling *very* grinchy this year, no idea why, but I LOVE the comic - I laughed so hard I choked on my Diet Coke! :D

    ReplyDelete