Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Recipe Review

My Jam Jam's were a success, just like Granny used to make! They are lighter than I remember, I was supposed to use golden corn syrup and I thought I needed white - but they still taste the same. I know they're not Christmas shaped but when I was little my Granny had cookie cutters in the shapes of diamonds, spades, hearts and clubs and that's what she used to make her jam jam's, so these remind me a lot of her. I told her I was bringing her some Christmas baking and she's really looking forward to it. I also want to try to make some of the fudge she used to make when I was little. She always had fudge at Christmas.

If you like Ginger Snaps at all - you must make these. I have never made them before but I'm sure glad I tried the recipe - they are so easy to make and they taste delicious! They look just like store bought ones when they are done - too easy! I may make another batch before Christmas yet, they are very popular at our house.

Tonight I'm going to make some chocolate no-bake's - I have to search for a recipe as Oliver ate the cookbook that had the recipe in them. I also plan on making Rice Krispie treats with red and green rice krispies.

3 comments:

  1. I remember theses - I'll have to make some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious!!! Are you using 1 cookie or 2? It looks like you're using 1, and the recipe shows 2. It would be nice to get more than 18 cookies from the recipe, so that's why I ask. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours look very yummy. I may just have to try them sometime. I cooked up the sugar cookies recipe with only powdered sugar, and they are good, but I think I like the recipe with some granulated and some powdered sugar. I make gingersnaps all the time as they are a huge hit here, and they are expected at foyer lunch at church.

    ReplyDelete