Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #37 - Word Play Fun


I'm at a loss for words today so I'll give you a fun word quiz, can you match the words with their correct definitions?

___ 1. ASTROBLEME
____ 2. BATHYKOLPIAN
____ 3. CALLIPYGIAN
____ 4. DEIPNOSOPHIST
____ 5. FARB
____ 6. MALLEMAROKING
____ 7. PASTINACEOUS
____ 8. RASORIAL
____ 9. RHAPSODOMANCY
____ 10. RHINOTILLEXOMANIA
____ 11. ADIPOCERE
____ 12. ZENZIZENZIZENZIC
____ 13. SMOUCH

a. Deep-bosomed.
b. Relating to a bird that scratches the ground for food.
c. An eroded meteor impact crater.
d. The seeking of guidance through the chance selection of a passage in literature.
e. An inauthentic re-enactor of battles.
f. Having well-shaped buttocks.
g. Habitual or obsessive nose-picking.
h. Of the nature of or relating to the parsnip.
i. The carousing of seamen on board Greenland whaling ships.
j. A master of dinner-table conversation.
k.
Of disease that comes on suddenly and severely; dazzling, stunning.
l.
The eighth power of a number.
m.
Counterfeit tea.

And the Answers are:

Answers: 1c, 2a, 3f, 4j, 5e, 6i, 7h, 8b, 9d, 10g, 11k, 12l, 13m

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! Forget the game, I just read them as a long description of someone or some thing. Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want me to think that hard????
    Great idea, even love the header for it.
    Being a homeschooler, my brain is overwhelmed, I hope someone plays though. I was stumped at word one.
    Peace, love and Mama Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. I collect words in my head and I have never seen any of these. Without cheating by looking them up I was pretty stuck. I convinced myself these ones made sense: 1:C, 3:I, 5:B, 10:G and 11:F, but the rest would be total and complete guesses.

    I can't wait to see the answeres.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was dumbfounded. We call Eloise Smooch sometimes, because she is just so cute. Now I find out Smouch is counterfeit tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had heard of one of them before. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, what a cute idea. I love words

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only one I would have got was RHINOTILLEXOMANIA, and that's only because I know "rhino" means nose and "omania" usually involves some sort of a compulsion!!

    I guess I best look into expanding my vocabulary a bit :) This was fun! (even though I couldn't guess any of the other ones!)

    Happy TT
    Jessica The Rock Chick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew precisely one of those -- callipygian. I'm not sure if that says anything about me or my reading matter! As for the rest, i shall make a note of them for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good TT idea! It's been a while since I've played any word games.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete