Friday, February 15, 2008

Garterlac Success



The square on the right - is how it's supposed to look. The triangle is supposed to go inward. Somehow I must have forgot to turn my work as the next one I did went outward.

Well I frogged it and started again last night and albeit not the most perfect looking cloth, I think I did alright. I'm going to try another one, now that I understand what I'm doing.

I found this great pattern here and there is even a nice online picture tutorial that helps to show you where you're picking up the stitches.

Here is what it looks like now. I haven't weaved the ends in. I used Peaches and Cream colorway, gumdrop. I thought it suited this patchwork type look.

I'm thrilled - I told myself I'd learn new things in knitting this year. For me money is an issue so I don't want to purchase heaps of yarn for a complicated pattern I can't figure out. Trying new things on the small scale is just the right way to perfect new techniques before I go bigger(which I will I promise)!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm impressed! You really are learning new things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool, you are so talented with the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet!! learning new things is fun, with me its dishcloths and scarves first then move on

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very pretty and a very nice design. I love the gumdrops yarn. It has great colours and a great name.

    ReplyDelete