Friday, February 22, 2008

I kill Canteloupes...

It's true! DH won't even let me buy a cantaloupe anymore due to the last cantaloupe event. Curious? Well I saw beautiful cantaloupe's at Safeway and they were on for a nice price. I batted my baby blues at DH and convinced him that this time I'd eat it. I grinned as I paid for my beloved cantaloupe and I took it home. I am positive I left it on a prestigious spot on the counter(so I wouldn't forget about it - which is what I'm prone to do). Well a few weeks later there was a terrible smell wafting from our lazy Susan - it was awful! I wasn't brave enough to venture in there so again I batted my baby blues(they do come in handy) and DH went investigating. He pulled out a soaking plastic bag of cantaloupe goo! There was a huge mess in the cupboard and DH did clean it out without too many complaints, but since then I'm known as the 'Cantaloupe Killer'! If I so much as even look in their general direction in the fruit aisle he just grins at me with that twinkle in his eye and reminds me that I kill cantaloupe.

As we were watching t.v. last night we caught the end of the show 'Lost'(what is that show even about). Well the scene we saw a guy was preparing two eggs for breakfast and he sliced up some cantaloupe. He was taking this breakfast to someone. It turned out to be a prisoner. So I leaned over to DH, and said "see even prisoners get cantaloupe"! Much to my chagrin he wasn't budging at all. This morning though, there is a group of people having a breakfast meeting and my beloved DH brought me a plate and on it, you guessed it two lovely slices of cantaloupe. I guess that will have to ease my cantaloupe craving for now!

6 comments:

  1. You know...you can buy them pre-sliced! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, for the sake of this innocent fruit...don't encourage her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been guilty of the same thing. Usually it is pineapple though. They are beautiful and their is a good price and I bring it home and put it on the counter and there it sits as I think, I will cut it later, or tomorrow, or when I get home. I try not to do it, but sometimes it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. You'll have to go out to eat just to get your cantaloupe LOL But I understand. My fruit is banana's. Sometimes I can't even salvage them to make banana bread with. They're just that bad. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do this to squash. I tell myself they're good for me and they're pretty so I get one and throw it out a couple weeks later after it looks like a raisin.

    Glad to see you typed so much... your hand is better, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:17 pm GMT-6

    I HATE canteloupe or however you spell it as a matter of fact I dislike all melons! I only like kiwi mmm kiwi!!!

    ReplyDelete