Friday, March 28, 2008

My version of Mr. Greenjeans


This is Mr. Greenjeans, but I am making mine in Denim Blue in Cascade Sierra(which is simply stunning to work with)!

I just got to the part where I divided the sleeves from the body last night, I learned a new trick!

This sweater will be my first real sweater project and I am both nervous and excited to get it finished. The hardest part I think so far will be the sleeves as they are to be done on dpn's(double pointed needles) and knit in the round, something I have almost zero experience with....so I am crossing my fingers for that. The pattern is knit from the top down with cables on the lower part of the sleeves and the body. I chose the yarn because it is 80% Pima Cotton and 20% Merino wool - I am hoping that it will be the ideal summer sweater.

Thanks to my Knitster for giving me the push I needed to try more complicated patterns!

2 comments:

  1. This looks familiar!
    The Knitster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks so complicated. Way to go in trying new and more difficult tasks. I so admire your work.

    ReplyDelete