Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Quick and Easy Creamy Spaghetti

I stumbled upon this recipe while waiting at the doctor's office a few weeks ago and I thought I'd share it with you. I am unsure of the source at the moment, I know it was in an advertisement in a Canadian Living magazine.

1 jar of spicy spaghetti sauce(your choice)
30 - pre-cooked meatballs
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Spaghetti Noodles(we use Healthy Harvest whole wheat, use your favorite)
Frank's Red Hot(optional)

The secret ingredient is the mushroom soup - I know it sounds odd, but this makes a most delicious creamy tomato sauce. Mix the spaghetti sauce and cream of mushroom soup in a sauce pan, add the meatballs and let them warm up in the sauce. Serve with noodles and if desired add a few dashes of Frank's Red Hot to spice it up.

Note: The first time I made this we didn`t have a spicy sauce so we just used the Frank`s Red Hot and it worked just fine, so you can use any sauce you have on hand. I found this was a quick meal for a busy work night.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great unique spaghetti recipe. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often do that to change things up a bit. I love it with the mushroom soup. Great tip to share with everyone.

    ReplyDelete