Monday, May 26, 2008

Peeps I want to know more about Meme

I was tagged by Michelle from PinkRoseCottage Knits I want to know more about’ meme.

The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1) What was I doing ten years ago?

I was celebrating my ninth wedding anniversary.

2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:

1. Dance with my new DVD - Dancing with the Stars workout - it's a great workout.

2. Knitting - my sis is way ahead of me and finished the project we were doing as a KAL - she doesn't think it suits her, but I think it looks great on her....I'm - pretty sure I'll be wearing mine.

3. I will also be knitting at lunch time and on the commute home as I am still working on a stash of dishcloths for Etsy and I've also been asked to make a set of coasters for a friend so I'll have that to do as well.

4. Help DH with the yard - I mowed the back on Saturday and then it started raining so we need to get that finished tonight as it's looking a little shaggy.

5. Play Scrabulous and Word Twist on FaceBook and hopefully rule the next game with my friend Elaine...lol!

3) Snacks I enjoy:

Do you want a book report....lol! I like both sweet and salty but usually salty is my default and of course ice cream(that's a big weakness), especially when the weather warms up.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

a. I'd buy fancy homes for people in my family in secret and then take them to their new homes and surprise them.(this is copycated from Michelle, but it is definitely on the top of my list).

b. I would build my dream cabin in B.C. so I would be closer to my sis and have the beauty of the mountains. It would be a traditional log cabin - perhaps her husband who is an architect could do the drawings - oh dare to dream! I'd also either buy an older home in the Cathedral area and renovate it or buy a lot and build a modern Victorian style home.

c. Set up trust funds for both my kids and all my nieces and nephews who needed help to fund their education. I say who need as I have some in town who already have this done for them. I'd also buy gifts from Chalice in behalf of all our relatives and start a housing co-op as well as setting up scholarships and bursaries for various programs including Theology - as well as donate a huge donation to our local parish and have the hall kitchen totally renovated as well as some other big projects. I'm dreaming big.

d. I would get help losing weight and then take the trip of a lifetime and the honeymoon I never had, probably to a few places as I want to go somewhere tropical but I also want to see Tuscany - it would be an extended trip.

e. Open my own business - I definitely want a yarn shoppe but I have always dreamed of a owning a tea shoppe, It would be one of those or a combination of.


5) Places I have lived:

B.C., Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba

6) Jobs I have had:

Cashier, Fast Food Clerk Mc'D's and B King, Telephone Sales Associate, house cleaner(needed a job), Administrative Assistant.

7) Peeps I want to know more about:

Anyone who wants to participate - leave a comment and I'll come and visit.

4 comments:

  1. Love that list - especially the part about setting up scholarships - that would be fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:16 pm GMT-6

    I want a cell phone haha put that on the billionaire list yay!!!! a cell phone and a ROOM MAKEOVER and a new wardrbe oooooh and a dance party for my firends and I ooooh yaya FUN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daily To Do list is more than I get done all week!! I hope you don't have to wait until you are a billionaire to get that belated honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY I can comment on here!! Not sure what was going on but blogger hated me when I would comment and it just wouldn't go through. *whimper* Love your list and was going to do it then promptly forgot about it. Then it came through on a Yahoo list I'm on so I decided to do it. So I did :o)

    ReplyDelete