Monday, July 21, 2008

My Day Off

Well I have been more quiet lately - it would seem summer has me doing many other things and I am not often on the computer. I will be very sporadic until Fall. I have a few moments here today as I have today off. I am getting a little lonely as it's very quiet - DH is working as well as well as DS and DD is off to camp for two weeks so the house is quiet.

I've been knitting and enjoying the yard. Last night we watched Hot Fuzz - if you haven't seen this movie and you like comedy I suggest you try it. It's hilarious! We watched it on Sunday and last night we watched it again with our son and it was just as funny the second time.

I spent the morning taking Oliver for a nice hour long walk and then visiting with my Granny. This is why I love summer, the pace is so much slower and I can just relax and do things I like to do.

I made the boys a homemade coconut cream pie for dessert, just because. Another little summer treat - time to cook and bake, thank goodness for AC!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a peaceful and lovely day off! (Especially the pie part).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to look in my feed reader today and see a post from you :o) Sounds like you are having a good summer. And MMMmmm on the coconut cream pie!

    ReplyDelete